B12 players rank Lazard as B12 top NFL prospect

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
New to Iowa state and haven't watched Lazard play a single snap to be honest. I'm guessing this is sarcasm? Or his 1 knock the 'experts' have on him? I know he is a highly touted talent for the draft next year, but I don't know a lot about his skill set.
His two biggest downfalls are
  1. Speed- decent speed but not great
  2. Drops- he simply drops too many balls
I see him as 3rd round at the highest and most likely falling to 5th round. His drops are costing him $$$$

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I think the only disappointing thing with Lazard is the drops. He could have close to 10 more catches by making the simple ones.
Yep, the NFL will be looking at him as a possession type WR and you don't want your possession type dropping balls.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
*puts on troll hat* he's slower than iowa's tight end.
What's funny is iowa fan talking about how Fant is really athletic and a great route runner and they wonder why iSu fans are unimpressed...Probably because Butler is the same size, faster, better hands and has a higher ceiling. And quite honestly is a better blocker

The slower than iowa's tight end is interesting because iowa's TE ran a 40 in a controlled environment, as a 5th year SR with electronic timing, after training for the combine.

I have no idea when Lazards 40 was ran or where his time came from but I can guarantee a couple things...it wasn't after training for the combine. It wasn't when he was a 5th year SR, and it probably wasn't under electronic timing.

L

LincolnWay187

What's funny is iowa fan talking about how Fant is really athletic and a great route runner and they wonder why iSu fans are unimpressed...Probably because Butler is the same size, faster, better hands and has a higher ceiling. And quite honestly is a better blocker

The slower than iowa's tight end is interesting because iowa's TE ran a 40 in a controlled environment, as a 5th year SR with electronic timing, after training for the combine.

I have no idea when Lazards 40 was ran or where his time came from but I can guarantee a couple things...it wasn't after training for the combine. It wasn't when he was a 5th year SR, and it probably wasn't under electronic timing.

Electronic timing, in track anyway, usually slows down your time rather than make it faster but I am not sure about the combine/40 times

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
If big Al wants to make it at the next level he better start getting acquainted ;)

Big Al?
ac49d9d9fdbbc8d7ed3fbc70f9568b9b.jpg

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Electronic timing, in track anyway, usually slows down your time rather than make it faster but I am not sure about the combine/40 times
My point with that was...apples and oranges. Players usually improve 40 times after training specifically for the combine.

Again not sure when Lazard was timed...was it last year, as a FR was it his HS time? We do know Kittle was timed at the combine. He had a great combine and is a damn good TE.

But let's get real. Dez Bryant ran a 4.53 40 at the combine...same as Kittle. Should Dez Bryant move to TE....No, that is asinine. There is more to playing WR than 40 times.

Reactions: CyTwins