Welch bar bathrooms

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Thumbs was always pretty bad. Single toilet bathroom that reeked of piss and yes I've deuced a few times in there. The most current manager did a deep clean which made it better but really it just needs to be gutted. The amount of urine in the grout and walls is unfathomable.
Yes I realize it's not on Welch.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My senior year there was a fantasy football bet between two of my roommates that the loser had to bare ass the toilet at sips for a full minute.

It was hilarious. The winner made sure to pee all over the toilet before the loser came in. Among whatever nastiness was already there.

L

LincolnWay187

We all laugh...But how do these places pass code and not get shut down is my question? I wish there were nicer places...Cant we have nice things...

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
My friends and I would always talk about how much money it would take for one of us to drop a deuce in Mickeys where the door opens to the rest of the bar and you see the toilet just sitting there.

I've taken the challenge and won.

Does Mickey's still have free hot dogs outside the bathroom door?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I took a deuce at Mickey's in the basement bathroom before. If you were there early enough it wasnt to bad when they first opened the basement.

Upstairs never.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Upstairs at Mickey's was the worst. The urinal at WAS in front of Brooke Burke, definitely the best.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Mickey's for me. The line was always horrible.

I never dropped a deuce in any bar ever. I've never had to go that bad.

Follow up question, which bars did you piss in the sink. It seemed like there was always someone pissin in the sink at Mickeys. I may have been guilty a number of times myself.

• Agree
Reactions: CYVADER

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This thread over. If you are not old enough to remember Lumpys, that sucks for you.

It closed a year or so after I turned 21 so I didn't get to enjoy it as long as most. But ultimate dive bar, whole place was a toilet, and cheap drinks. Plus if you didn't want to pay cover or stand in line for People's, just go in Lumpy's and take the path directly into People's. Same thing worked for Paddy's/Sips.

We were Mickey's people though.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCNCY

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
We all laugh...But how do these places pass code and not get shut down is my question? I wish there were nicer places...Cant we have nice things...

Every bar hired a cleaning crew to come in every morning. If you were ever early enough to get to the bars before they got destroyed each night, they were actually very clean. Also, you usually have a heads up before the health department comes in and inspects.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I saw a guy once wear the toilet seat from WAS around his neck while sitting at the bar. To this day I'm not sure he had any idea it was their.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Based on things I witnessed at Paddys in 2009, I will never eat popcorn at a bar again.