****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What about Conditt? Do we need Castleton to commit to Illinois to get Conditt?

It wouldn't hurt. Pretty sure Conditt has made up his mind on where to commit and will decide before Castleton either way. We'll know Oct. 2.

that is still tough competition. Xavier is a great program and is an urban campus, some recruits prefer that. Plus it is a little closer to Chicago than Ames. Illinois of course is the closest, but I don't think their campus is as nice a ISU's. Sorry if this has been covered already, but has he visited Ames yet?

THT visited Ames in June on an unofficial.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
That's a fancy way of saying "his top 3 are illinois, iowa state and Xavier" he's also considering Michigan, Michigan state and Ohio state"

Any correlation to Xavier having a guy transfer out the same weekend that THT is visiting there? Nah... probably not.... I realize they are different players, different classes.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I believe Prohm did an in home visit a week or two ago...got me wondering when coaches have offers out to players, but they then fill the spot the player would have filled, do they tell the player in person that the player should look for other options? The timing of the Haliburton commit, the in home visit, and the word that Harris and ISU may be cooling are all near one another. This reminds me of a year ago when McKinley Wright was rumored to be close to committing and the staff backed off. Seemed like it was after an official or unofficial visit that the relationship turned. I guess you could do it by phone, but as Prohm recruits via building relationships, it would make sense that he would be a stand up guy and tell the player and his family in person.

Or, Harris may commit tomorrow...who knows. Just wondering about the process.
I think Wright was about to visit. The staff must have felt pretty good about Wigginton and pulled the offer a little bit prior to the visit.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Any correlation to Xavier having a guy transfer out the same weekend that THT is visiting there? Nah... probably not.... I realize they are different players, different classes.
He was already going to visit, I think, before that happened. But actually I do think that could be helpful for Xavier's recruiting pitch, unfortunately for us.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Would the staff had told Harris and Halliburton that they had one spot for a PG, and the first one to commit would get it?? If that's the case, then you can't feel too bad for Harris.

I'd still like to see Harris in an ISU uniform though.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Would the staff had told Harris and Halliburton that they had one spot for a PG, and the first one to commit would get it?? If that's the case, then you can't feel too bad for Harris.

I think we visited him after that commitment. Not sure though

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I think the battle with Harris is about Prohm convincing him that there can be two legitimate PG’s on his team. Not a starter and a backup.