Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So I called the doc and he gave me an antibiotic for this crud I'm fighting (@ImJustKCClone I think you were right, it's walking pneumonia), and the vixen responds with the supportive line "I told you to do that a long time ago!" Hope it works, been sick 2+ weeks and that's long enough.

(She did make me some wonderful soup last night, really hit the spot. She's my baby.)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So I called the doc and he gave me an antibiotic for this crud I'm fighting (@ImJustKCClone I think you were right, it's walking pneumonia), and the vixen responds with the supportive line "I told you to do that a long time ago!" Hope it works, been sick 2+ weeks and that's long enough.

(She did make me some wonderful soup last night, really hit the spot. She's my baby.)
That's the kind of support we've all come to love.

Now it's time for you to get better. The rest of us are tired of doing your chores while you lie there on the couch watching the Hallmark Channel all day.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's the kind of support we've all come to love.

Now it's time for you to get better. The rest of us are tired of doing your chores while you lie there on the couch watching the Hallmark Channel all day.

This is why married guys live longer then single guys. Single guys have no one to tell them to go see the doctor. If I didn't have some surrogates like my friend Karen or KC I'd never make it past 70.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
First post op check up goes very well. All surprised with lack of bruising and general overall look (I couldn't see as well as these leave at 6 am things are not my cup of tea). First PT Wednesday even went very well. Friday afternoon PT, could tell lady was going through the motions. Son said elderly lady was slipped in at same time and they basically got the same work out. Will be requesting to not see her again, at $100/ session gonna get moneys worth

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I, JCyclonee, do solemnly swear that from this day forward I will never buy the cheap bacon again, even if it's on sale at a ridiculously low price, unless it's simply to cook into chili or beans.

Reactions: Cybirdy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The "go to the doctor" thing is easily offset by the "never ending honeydo" list.

But without that do list what is her incentive to keep you alive? ;)

The older women get the less they need men. The older men get the more they need women. Young men want women, old men need women.

#boxsterthoughts

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But without that do list what is her incentive to keep you alive? ;)

The older women get the less they need men. The older men get the more they need women. Young men want women, old men need women.

#boxsterthoughts

Accindently mix up the aspirin and viagara again boxster? I see the exact opposite. Most old men I know seem to survive fine, but the older ladies seem to be latched onto a man as soon as the casket is lowered. I know could take care of myself better than my wife once kids would be out of the house.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I'm starting to like your wife as much as I like Cooler's & Goat's wives! Love the sass in the stories you guys tell. :D

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You need to up this a little to include my age demographic. There is a reason I own a shirt that says "Target is my happy place".

I was toying between 35 and 40. I think the first 20 pictures I ever saw of my great niece were in a red shopping cart.

I think after you go through the school supply thing there 22 years in a row, you start getting some disenchantment.

I do really like their stuff aimed at college dorms,but when it comes down to it, it's a cleaner version of Walmart.

Aggressive people with big shopping carts are scary.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I was toying between 35 and 40. I think the first 20 pictures I ever saw of my great niece were in a red shopping cart.

I think after you go through the school supply thing there 22 years in a row, you start getting some disenchantment.

I do really like their stuff aimed at college dorms,but when it comes down to it, it's a cleaner version of Walmart.

Still gotta go higher . . . . ;)

When you live in Ames there is literally no where else to shop for kids' clothes and even women's clothes/shoes. And for some reason milk is almost a dollar cheaper there than at Fareway.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Still gotta go higher . . . . ;)

When you live in Ames there is literally no where else to shop for kids' clothes and even women's clothes/shoes. And for some reason milk is almost a dollar cheaper there than at Fareway.

When I was in hawaii, I got groceries at Target every week. Everything was WAY cheaper than any other place like Safeway, Foodland or Don Quixote. Could get out of there spending about 40-45 bucks a week compared to 60 elsewhere.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Maybe go up a few more? I love Target (as much as I like a store, anyway).
That cleaner than Wal-Mart thing sums it up. I hate Wal-Mart in an almost Hank Hill way, but I can handle Target.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron