RECRUITING: Conditt sets official visit to Iowa State

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Basketball in Big Twelve, fun, competitive and our fans and Hilton is just simply great.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
From Illinois board on Conditt's visit:

Originally Posted by miketherevelator
Derek Piper‏Verified account @DPiperScout 28m28 minutes ago
#Illini staff will follow up with @george_conditt later this week to schedule an in-home visit.

Derek Piper‏Verified account @DPiperScout 33m33 minutes ago
Conditt told me that #Illini freshman Mark Smith was in his ear quite a bit. And he likes what he sees.. "Guard play there is amazing."

Derek Piper‏Verified account @DPiperScout 38m38 minutes ago
.@george_conditt said he had a really good #Illini OV. Likes the players. Staff has a plan for him. Will be "hardest decision of his life".

Paigncake
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniDent
That last quote definitely shows how good ISU's visit was
Absolutely. I think Illinois wins this but it's going to be close. Wish we gotten Griffin because while he's not a "game changer" necessarily in the recruitment having another good Chicago player he's familiar with probably makes the pitch from Iowa St. somewhat stronger...

He tweeted about our guards and how good they were.. No doubt Underwood hammered that home to him. We have several great guards who will get him the ball in a position to succeed.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

#Illini staff will follow up with @george_conditt later this week to schedule an in-home visit.

Conditt told me that #Illini freshman Mark Smith was in his ear quite a bit. And he likes what he sees.. "Guard play there is amazing."

.@george_conditt said he had a really good #Illini OV. Likes the players. Staff has a plan for him. Will be "hardest decision of his life".

Paigncake
Quote:
Absolutely. I think Illinois wins this but it's going to be close. Wish we gotten Griffin because while he's not a "game changer" necessarily in the recruitment having another good Chicago player he's familiar with probably makes the pitch from Iowa St. somewhat stronger...

He tweeted about our guards and how good they were.. No doubt Underwood hammered that home to him. We have several great guards who will get him the ball in a position to succeed.

Griffin's not a "game changer"? Really? You might regret saying that.

With all that being said, I can't wait for Underwood and Illinois to start routinely beating Franny and his boys. Shouldn't be long... Underwood's pretty good.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Griffin's not a "game changer"? Really? You might regret saying that.

With all that being said, I can't wait for Underwood and Illinois to start routinely beating Franny and his boys. Shouldn't be long... Underwood's pretty good.

I think he meant in regards to recruiting, that Griffin wouldn't swing Conditt...maybe i read it wrong

• Agree
Reactions: Psiclone

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

Paigncake
Quote:

He tweeted about our guards and how good they were.. No doubt Underwood hammered that home to him. We have several great guards who will get him the ball in a position to succeed

Ever heard of 5 star Lindell Wiggington?

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Keep ISU in the recruits minds.
@AlexHalsted Iowa State target @George_Conditt tells @CycloneAlert247 that coach Steve Prohm will be in to see him tomorrow: bit.ly/2txlkRB

Really hope this isn't a last effort thing because he's decided to commit to Illinois after visiting.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Really hope this isn't a last effort thing because he's decided to commit to Illinois after visiting.
He tweeted even after his visit Oct. 2. Illinois is headed for an in home too, but he's dead set on Oct. 2 for a date

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
He tweeted even after his visit Oct. 2. Illinois is headed for an in home too, but he's dead set on Oct. 2 for a date

I didn't mean it as commit earlier than his date, I meant after his visit there he has made his mind up.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Hmm I think our buddy Brad Underwood at Illinois has some potentially bigger problems to deal with, why go to a school where the coach might get indicted by the FBI

This investigation is going to change the playing field, the FBI could not have sprung it at a better time.

Conditt may have been considering the Illini, but can you still consider them when a former assistant of you head coach was caught up in an FBI sting? Underwood may not at Illinois too much longer.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hmm I think our buddy Brad Underwood at Illinois has some potentially bigger problems to deal with, why go to a school where the coach might get indicted by the FBI

This investigation is going to change the playing field, the FBI could not have sprung it at a better time.

Conditt may have been considering the Illini, but can you still consider them when a former assistant of you head coach was caught up in an FBI sting? Underwood may not at Illinois too much longer.

That must be a fun phone call to take from a kid if you are Underwood.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Seems like wishful thinking that it would have any appreciable effect over the next 7 days. I think he's picking the Cyclones anyway though.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Has Underwood been accused of anything or just his assistant? I mean if he did nothing wrong. He will escape anything. However, as a recruit. You have to factor that something might not be on the up and up with him. So it could hurt recruiting.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Has Underwood been accused of anything or just his assistant? I mean if he did nothing wrong. He will escape anything. However, as a recruit. You have to factor that something might not be on the up and up with him. So it could hurt recruiting.

Just looking at it logically: The kid knows if he was offered something. Waiting to find out what others know is probably not necessary if he already knows based on his own recruitment - one way or the other. Not accusing anyone

In other words, If he wasn't offered something by Illinois then he probably isn't worried.

• Winner
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

This isn't the NCAA trying to go after school for hiring strippers, these assistants will face jail time. They most likely are gonna sing, guess will see if Underwood's name is in the lyrics of the song. It might not be, but even a cloud of suspicion casts a large shadow.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Just looking at it logically: The kid knows if he was offered something. Waiting to find out what others know is probably not necessary if he already knows based on his own recruitment - one way or the other. Not accusing anyone

In other words, If he wasn't offered something by Illinois then he probably isn't worried.

Maybe I am misreading your comments, not saying Conditt got offered anything, this is more about the head coach's future at Illinois given his association with the assistant at OSU.
Right now it may be up in the air.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This isn't the NCAA trying to go after school for hiring strippers, these assistants will face jail time. They most likely are gonna sing, guess will see if Underwood's name is in the lyrics of the song. It might not be, but even a cloud of suspicion casts a large shadow.

Yeah, you'd have to think at least a few will take their bosses down with them, or at least try to push the blame that way.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm