Is Pollard a serious candidate for the Neb Ad job

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'm not sure that job is that great.

How much interference does the AD get?

Is it like trying to coach the Knicks with someone telling you have to run the triangle?

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
That team had a lot more talent than the team before that made the tournament IMO.

Oh I'll definitely agree with you there. No Sit Sunday was one of the most fun days I've had as a sports fan though. RIPIP Walt Pitchford's basketball career lol

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
They have six 4-star guys signed in their 2018 class right now as well.

Riley will be gone by the end of the year. Was never the right fit for the job + new AD. All the recruits in that 2018 class know it. How many stick around? Guess it depends on who is coaching next year.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
JP, look at Hoiberg in Chicago.

Chased the dream or the money or whatever....and I'd have a beer bottle thrown at me if I said I liked him.

Happiness, JP. Choose happiness

L

LincolnWay187

The only thing good about taking that job would be Valentino's pizza...thats about it.

Cyliam

Sep 4, 2017
Shawn Eichorst out as Ad at Neb. ALREADY seeing Jp's name brought up on the husker message boards.. big 10 job..., would he considered it?

He would be foolish not to make this move if offered the position. He's gotten 3 chances to hire the right guy for football here, if the current regime doesnt work out its hard to imagine he would get a 4th, especially considering he couldnt retain Fred and wrestling is such a dumpster fire. He would get a substantial pay increase at NU, he would be working for the best run conference in America, and he would still get the chance to stick it to Iowa.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I doubt Jamie goes anywhere. But even if he did, the foundation he has laid would hopefully make it an easy transition.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Honestly they are now having unreal expectations of that program. The Big ten has ruined the Nebraska grounds. They have no rivals. Except Iowa. However, they gave up Oklahoma a top 5 team of all times as there rivals. So you trade a top 5 program for a top 35 program of all time as your rival. You lost the recruiting ground that made you so good. JP could do better than nebraska

I agree ...but...I'm sure Jamie Pollard would Love to go back to Madison and be the Badgers next athletic director.....

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
He would be foolish not to make this move if offered the position. He's gotten 3 chances to hire the right guy for football here, if the current regime doesnt work out its hard to imagine he would get a 4th, especially considering he couldnt retain Fred and wrestling is such a dumpster fire. He would get a substantial pay increase at NU, he would be working for the best run conference in America, and he would still get the chance to stick it to Iowa.

I could actually see him surviving another football hire. ISU is a patient place almost to a fault. And nobody anywhere is firing an AD over the success of a wrestling hire. Wrestling is irrelevent, even at a school like ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Crazy and stupid. Yes and yes.

I'm really hoping for Alberts and Frost...becasue ain't **** gonna change for Neb. And after five years of more big ten west mediocrity maybe everyone will finally put the old days out of their minds. Just like Minnesota had to do.
I agree R138...A lot of Husker fans are saying the move to the big ten has destroyed both the Nebraska footprint in Recruiting and also the Nebraska Winning Culture.

Its really hard to disagree with that notion.......Anyone remember Little Frankie Solich?......Firing the former Husker running back was like the Kiss of Death to the football program, which has gone over the Cliff and Down on the Rocks so to speak.....

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99