Updated Roster Height and Weights

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He graduated in 3 years from ODU i think.

RS year
Freshman year
Sophomore year
**graduated this summer**
Junior year (though really first year of grad school)
Senior year (though really second year of grad school)

= sit zero, play two, same as NWB at this point

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Very excited to see these guys play just because there are so many unknowns.

I too would not expect much early from Brase but maybe by conference season .

seattleCy

Apr 17, 2015
Out of the grad transfers I think Brase will be the dud. Beverly will be the new Edozie and Talley will be the biggest asset I’m thinking like a poor mans Dustin Hogue.

Interesting. I was thinking the only way Brase will be "the dud" is if he can't recover from injuries. My gut was to trust his prior production in the Ivy than Beverly's for a very poor team in CUSA. Hope they both bring something to the table.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If his health is right, he's one of the headliners of our transfer class.

Interesting. I was thinking the only way Brase will be "the dud" is if he can't recover from injuries. My gut was to trust his prior production in the Ivy than Beverly's for a very poor team in CUSA. Hope they both bring something to the table.

From Prohms latest comments I think he’s going to throw the young guys to the wolves so they are hardened for 2018-19 even if that means growing pains and some tough lessons for both players and fans.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
If his health is right, he's one of the headliners of our transfer class.

Agree. Of the newcomers, I think he's the key to ISU getting into the tournament. The staff is doing the right thing in bringing him along slowly. If his knee holds up, we'll be right in the thick of things by Feb/Mar.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I really don't see any similarities between Beverly/Edozie and Talley/Hogue. Like.....those are pretty poor comparisons.

The Edozie comparison is that people will be asking why we don’t play Beverly more because he’s big and fouls people.

The Talley/Hogue comparison is in terms of impact.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
The Edozie comparison is that people will be asking why we don’t play Beverly more because he’s big and fouls people.

The Talley/Hogue comparison is in terms of impact.
I guess I get what you are saying.

If I remember correctly it was quoted that Jeff Beverly is closer to 6'4 than 6'6 and weighs 242. He is definitely a finesse type of player with ball skill and draws a lot of fouls if I remember right.

Daniel Edozie was like 6'8 240ish and didn't have much ball skill.

As for Talley, I hope you are right. Dustin Hogue was one of my favorite Cyclones, guy was gritty as can be.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Out of the grad transfers I think Brase will be the dud. Beverly will be the new Edozie and Talley will be the biggest asset I’m thinking like a poor mans Dustin Hogue.

It is all about expectations. I fully expect play 20ish minutes and have around a 7 ppg 4 rebounds. He will also help the spacing with some outside shooting from the post. Prohm doesn't need him to be all big 12 starter level as much as contribute to 4 man rotation with Lard, Young and Beverly.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess I get what you are saying.

If I remember correctly it was quoted that Jeff Beverly is closer to 6'4 than 6'6 and weighs 242. He is definitely a finesse type of player with ball skill and draws a lot of fouls if I remember right.

Daniel Edozie was like 6'8 240ish and didn't have much ball skill.

As for Talley, I hope you are right. Dustin Hogue was one of my favorite Cyclones, guy was gritty as can be.

Beverly is a legit 6'6

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Found this interesting: Wigginton is the same height as Jackson (6'2") but has 15 pounds on him (173# vs 188#)

That 15 makes a difference when you crash it in like Wigg does.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Yeah, he was gritty wasn't he?

cropped_hogue-kick.gif

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I'd like to see a little Hogue out of Babb (don't take that comparison too far), and Nader out of Talley

Reactions: Doc

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron