Is Pollard a serious candidate for the Neb Ad job

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Been listening to some Omaha sports radio this afternoon and I’d actually be surprised if Miles is gone as soon as some people believe. Eichorst was not his biggest fan and he has (possibly) the most talented roster that he’s had since he’s been at Nebraska. Miles might actually be the big winner from this whole deal.

I would disagree with that strongly.

• Useful
Reactions: Zyklon

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
It would be awful if he were to leave. As we sit here with an interim president, who knows what we'd end up with for an AD? cough Van De Velde cough

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
They would be crazy not to give it a shot

Nebraska would be stupid to not offer him (or want him) and JP would be stupid to take the job.

BUT they do have really deep pockets, so anything is possible. :confused:

Crazy and stupid. Yes and yes.

I'm really hoping for Alberts and Frost...becasue ain't **** gonna change for Neb. And after five years of more big ten west mediocrity maybe everyone will finally put the old days out of their minds. Just like Minnesota had to do.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I would disagree with that strongly.

I would’ve said the same thing then I looked up the roster and saw six former four-star recruits and a former five-star recruit, several of them weren’t able to play a year ago.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If Nebraska was still a national title contender, I'd say yes, but right now I don't really see what they have to offer. Sure they have some more money and historical football success, but I don't see that as enough reason for Pollard to leave a place that is so special and unique.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would’ve said the same thing then I looked up the roster and saw five former four-star recruits and a former five-star recruit, several of them weren’t able to play a year ago.

I know their roster pretty well. Losing 3 of their top 4 players from last year plus Horne but yes I'm aware they return Watson and Copeland who should be really good. I think that Allen kid who will be a freshman will be a key guy too.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I would’ve said the same thing then I looked up the roster and saw six former four-star recruits and a former five-star recruit, several of them weren’t able to play a year ago.
They have six 4-star guys signed in their 2018 class right now as well.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I know their roster pretty well. Losing 3 of their top 4 players from last year plus Horne but yes I'm aware they return Watson and Copeland who should be really good. I think that Allen kid who will be a freshman will be a key guy too.

Also add Miami transfer James Palmer, who was a four-star recruit out of high school, and get Anton Gill back from injury. Will it play out as the most talented? I highly doubt it, but that’s a lot of talent on paper.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

It's nothing against Jacobson or Morrow but both of them left because they saw the writing on the wall. They are solid players but neither were a big part of the programs future. Miles quietly killed it on the recruiting trail in '16.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: isu81 and CTTB78

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Also add Miami transfer James Palmer, who was a four-star recruit out of high school, and get Anton Gill back from injury. Will it play out as the most talented? I highly doubt it, but that’s a lot of talent on paper.

Palmer sucked at Miami and Gill is coming off an injury and didn't really produce much before he got hurt either.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Palmer sucked at Miami and Gill is coming off an injury and didn't really produce much before he got hurt either.

That doesn’t change the fact that this is the most on paper talent he has had. As I said, I highly doubt it plays out that way. I don’t think Miles is a very good coach. Basketball just took the backseat though and if the program can show any form of life this season he isn’t going anywhere.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Reactions: heitclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That doesn’t change the fact that this is the most on paper talent he has had. As I said, I highly doubt it plays out that way. I don’t think Miles is a very good coach. Basketball just took the backseat though and if the program can show any form of life this season he isn’t going anywhere.

Over Shields, White, Webster and Watson in 2015-16? I couldn't disagree more.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’m a big Tshimanga guy. He showed a lot of improvement during his freshman season. He and Roby lived down the hall from my sister, which has nothing to do with anything else.

I think he was a pretty bright future but not sure I'd say he "killed it" with that class.