Can we talk about Nebraska?...

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
So Boren announcing yesterday, then the firing today are just a coincidence and not rivalry related?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
That seemed like a pretty knee jerk reaction firing considering he isn't the one who sucks as a football coach. Makes me wonder if they had secret meetings on Sunday after the NIU loss, and have a new AD and head coach already picked out.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
That seemed like a pretty knee jerk reaction firing considering he isn't the one who sucks as a football coach. Makes me wonder if they had secret meetings on Sunday after the NIU loss, and have a new AD and head coach already picked out.

Trev Alberts and Scott Frost. You heard it here first.

Reactions: LarryISU

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's the first step in firing the coach. Get rid of the guy who hired him. Let the new AD fire him.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Not necessarily to bash (feel free) but your observations.

I just find their whole zeitgeist to have changed since joining the big ten. Their fans seem to embrace their role as a big ten also ran and Iowa rival at best. That is a far cry...a gulf from twenty years ago. Riley doesn't seem to care about losing...the defense isn't even very good much less "blackshirty". There is nothing remarkable about Nebraska at all anymore.

Maybe it's my age but I'm not sure I've witnessed this sort of thing before. It's weird.

I agree this is the Worst Nebraska defense since 1961......

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’m sure Nebraska fans and the AD envisioned having this mess when they made the jump to the mighty B1G.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron