Remaining 2 open scholarships

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
I would guess they're the exception to the rule, although if there are numbers to back up the redshirt argument my mind could be changed. I just don't think most players or programs have the patience for it anymore. There's immediate pressure to contribute.
There is almost one redshirt per major conference every season. Virginia red-shirted some guys which was also additional pressure for Shayok to leave.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I would guess they're the exception to the rule, although if there are numbers to back up the redshirt argument my mind could be changed. I just don't think most players or programs have the patience for it anymore. There's immediate pressure to contribute.
He said....
"Nobody redshirts anymore. If you have to redshirt that’s a problem at our level."
He was wrong.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

He said....
"Nobody redshirts anymore. If you have to redshirt that’s a problem at our level."
He was wrong.

JFC nobody likes a literal Larry. When was the last time we redshirted a true freshman? 5 years ago?

Screw it, I'm out. You two can hash it out.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Conditt is my number 1 want. I like all 3 and realize conditt may take a year or so longer but size is our biggest need and I think he is going to be pretty good when all is said and done.

Cyclo-Trog

Feb 5, 2017
But what if these are the best ******* cookies you have ever had in your life? What if you pop one of these bad boys in your mouth and you re-hash all of the best moments in your life to the tune of this

Sooooo, is this a "hidden message"? Are we getting another commitment tomorrow? WOOHOO!!! I LOVE THIS!! BEST RECRUITING CLASS EVER!!!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
JFC nobody likes a literal Larry. When was the last time we redshirted a true freshman? 5 years ago?
Lots of people like me. Don't use absolutes and the problem is solved. I can't read your mind.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I'll be interested with all of the corruption things going on if we change our recruiting on the fly because there will be some pretty big fish coming available here soon. I think we only take on one more HS recruit for 2018 and keep the other available for a transfer.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'll be interested with all of the corruption things going on if we change our recruiting on the fly because there will be some pretty big fish coming available here soon. I think we only take on one more HS recruit for 2018 and keep the other available for a transfer.

I don't know...how can you be sure these kids that are decommitting didn't participate and take money already? Not every program is going to take the risk of bringing in somebody who could be ruled ineligible at any moment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron