Remaining 2 open scholarships

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Junior's Twitter feed seems more enthusiastic about the Illini, but I hope dad's voice carries him to Ames.
I think that is due to the sheer volume of Illini "bots" that are out there in the state of Illinois. I'm sure if I created 15 accounts with Cy or ISU logos as my avatar and only tweet positive stuff about Iowa State at George he would be retweeting and liking it just as much.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
Do you think Conditt would need a year to redshirt? He might need to beef up a little to hold his own in the B12.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think that is due to the sheer volume of Illini "bots" that are out there in the state of Illinois. I'm sure if I created 15 accounts with Cy or ISU logos as my avatar and only tweet positive stuff about Iowa State at George he would be retweeting and liking it just as much.

What are you waiting for?!

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
What are you waiting for?!
giphy.gif

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I like to imagine there's actually a prolonged, epic in-home battle going on in the Conditt household.

George Jr. is sitting back taking it all in while ma and pa tirelessly plead their respective cases for Illinois and Iowa State. George Sr is taking it hard to social media to sway the debate with public perception; Mrs. Conditt is busy leaving post-it notes in Jr's backpack each day and carefully timing texts for him to receive between classes about the beauty of the Illini facilities and how great his freshman year on campus will be for him while receiving freshly-baked, homemade cookies every week.

isu83

May 5, 2010
Just to give you a little insight. I corresponded with Javian Fleming via Twitter message. Unlikely he would come to Ames, but wouldn't rule it out. He has a upcoming visit to Georgetown. Also, he told me that Tyler Harris and him text on a regular basis and that a package deal somewhere would be "ideal" he said. My best guess is that Conditt and THT would be the safe bets with those last two scholarships.
So tell him both of them can come to Ames.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA

So you are saying the Russians are diverting their bots to help support the Illini get Conditt? How deep does this go? I knew that there had to be something fishy about this.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: rholtgraves

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I like to imagine there's actually a prolonged, epic in-home battle going on in the Conditt household.

George Jr. is sitting back taking it all in while ma and pa tirelessly plead their respective cases for Illinois and Iowa State. George Sr is taking it hard to social media to sway the debate with public perception; Mrs. Conditt is busy leaving post-it notes in Jr's backpack each day and carefully timing texts for him to receive between classes about the beauty of the Illini facilities and how great his freshman year on campus will be for him while receiving freshly-baked, homemade cookies every week.

Fresh baked cookies vs. annual trips to the NCAA tournament...hmm. I don't know. You can get one of those things just about anywhere.

Reactions: cyclones500

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Fresh baked cookies vs. annual trips to the NCAA tournament...hmm. I don't know. You can get one of those things just about anywhere.

But what if these are the best ******* cookies you have ever had in your life? What if you pop one of these bad boys in your mouth and you re-hash all of the best moments in your life to the tune of this

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I can think of a couple of studs who did recently.

I would guess they're the exception to the rule, although if there are numbers to back up the redshirt argument my mind could be changed. I just don't think most players or programs have the patience for it anymore. There's immediate pressure to contribute.