****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
That you pretend to be the aggrieved party here is pretty telling

I didn't 'pretend' anything. I owned my questions. The SAME ones that multiple other posters have asked on the SAME topic, in multiple threads. Your commentary was replied directly to me, so yeah, how would you expect me to respond? Guess I don't come to the board for psychoanalysis, tho.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Jaedon LeDee heavily trending towards Ohio State right now

and Talen Horton Tucker picked up a CB for Michigan today

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/TargetPredictions

With regards to THT, Michigan only has one Scholly left, with another player who has had an official, and who has more Crystal Balls.

I also see that Michigan State has more commitments than Schollys. I believe that Izzo is working off of the assumption that Bridges is not coming back, but even still, no room for THT. Additionally, I can't find that Michigan has even offered.

I am starting to think that ISU might be in better position to get him than I expected.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
With regards to THT, Michigan only has one Scholly left, with another player who has had an official, and who has more Crystal Balls.

I also see that Michigan State has more commitments than Schollys. I believe that Izzo is working off of the assumption that Bridges is not coming back, but even still, no room for THT. Additionally, I can't find that Michigan has even offered.

I am starting to think that ISU might be in better position to get him than I expected.

From things I've seen I get the feeling Michigan and Iowa State are gaining momentum. Like you said, Michigan is trending for both Ignas Brazdeikes and Justin Ahrens. Definitely rooting for a commitment out of one of those two soon. Illinois still probably has to be considered a major player but it's looking like they are in a good position to land Ayo Dosunmo. If Prohm is able to lock up Conditt soon and all three commits are actively recruiting THT, you gotta think ISU is in as good of spot as anyone.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
From things I've seen I get the feeling Michigan and Iowa State are gaining momentum. Like you said, Michigan is trending for both Ignas Brazdeikes and Justin Ahrens. Definitely rooting for a commitment out of one of those two soon. Illinois still probably has to be considered a major player but it's looking like they are in a good position to land Ayo Dosunmo. If Prohm is able to lock up Conditt soon and all three commits are actively recruiting THT, you gotta think ISU is in as good of spot as anyone.
Illinois would take both Ayo and THT.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
So I'm guessing Allen was a lower priority for us? I know we made his top 5 but never really heard much about his recruitment.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I belive i heard Tyler Harris wants to announce in his Bday next month. That could be why he has not pulled the trigger yet.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
I Just wanted to get an updated list of who the Cyclones are still in on for the 2018 recruiting class. Let me know if I am missing anyone or if anyone has eliminated the Cyclones from contention.

Javian Flemming - Top 5 OV to GeorgeTown this Weekend
Tyler Harris - Top 5
Talen Horton-Tucker - Top 13
Nelson Phillips - Top 3 May not have gone on his visit to ISU
George Conditt - Top 3 Decision 10/2
Zion Griffin - Top 4 Committed ISU
Tyrese Haliburton - Top 4 Committed ISU
Timmy Allen - Top 5 Committed
Jaedan Ledee - Top 8 Committed OSU

Updates above.

• Informative
Reactions: ZB4CY

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
One thing about Horton-Tucker is that ISU has been recruiting him for a long time. They offered him in I believe June of 2016 way before most of these schools. He has been super quiet with his recruitment but I still think ISU has a decent chance.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've listened to both the Ames Trib pod and the Stanz and Fitz pod this morning, and they both seem confident with THT. Who knows, I guess if Halliburton is a true point guard then we may not need Harris as much, and it would likely give a little more versatility. Regardless of what happens IMO if we get Conditt this class and the last class is a great start for Prohm.

Help Support Us

Become a patron