RECRUITING: Tyrese Haliburton commits

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
Expecting Haliburton to play major contributing minutes as a freshman seems fairly optimistic. Tyler Harris is more ready as a player to play as a freshman thus the difference in ranking. Not a knock against Haliburton as I feel he will be a very good player once he refines his game just where each is in their current development from the highlights and games I have seen.
Tyrese is much more of a combo guard at this point where Tyler is a true PG. Also Tyler's 3 pt shot is ready for the B12 which is something that would help the offensive spacing.
I don't think either would get many minutes as freshman. Tyrese is listed at 170 and Harris 150, both need to develop their bodies before they see the floor in big 12 play imo.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I don't think either would get many minutes as freshman. Tyrese is listed at 170 and Harris 150, both need to develop their bodies before they see the floor in big 12 play imo.
Not as important for guards, Monte was barely over 170 and Ulis was 142lbs. We'll be able to afford having one of Harris and Haliburton on the court at a time and a year in the ISU strength program should make them Big 12 ready. Neither is playing over Wiggi and Shayok their FR year anyway.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Not as important for guards, Monte was barely over 170 and Ulis was 142lbs. We'll be able to afford having one of Harris and Haliburton on the court at a time and a year in the ISU strength program should make them Big 12 ready. Neither is playing over Wiggi and Shayok their FR year anyway.
Glad to see the nickname of Wiggi is getting used. Next up, "Get Wiggi with it."
giphy.gif

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
From the interview he seems like a really level headed good kid. Because of his size and ball handling skills I'm almost as excited as he is to get him on campus and in uniform. HUGE upside for Haliburton.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
And why can't we simply ask about it, discuss it, or want more info from other posters who are 'hinting' stuff? Why do other fans have to equate that to panicking or questioning the staff? Gosh, everyone makes it sound like every message has a hidden agenda behind it. I just like recruiting info.

The fact that you are so obsessed with being called on your nonsense says a lot.

Try working in a positive post, and there has been a lot to be positive about, instead of focusing on what what you can come up with to criticize the staff. Its agendized nonsense

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Your posts come across as complete panic to me. So that's why I accuse you of panicking. You ask questions that it is clear that no one has an answer for. If there id good news, I can be confident you'll be on here asking questions to try and prove it's really bad news.

His agenda is pretty clear. Just don't understand why he's mad at prohm.

• Disagree
Reactions: allfourcy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The fact that you are so obsessed with being called on your nonsense says a lot.

Try working in a positive post, and there has been a lot to be positive about, instead of focusing on what what you can come up with to criticize the staff. Its agendized nonsense

This discussion is ridiculous, as I'm sure other posters are tired of reading about it, too. But while you call it an obsession, I don't appreciate you generalizing or accusing people of agendas. This all started with jsb saying I was 'panicking' about another poster's message on Harris. Show me the post indicating any negativity about our coaching staff or having an agenda about the staff. That thread had nothing to do with the staff. Asking if Harris or Halliburton committing meant one or the other wouldn't, had NOTHING to do with the staff. When the posters were indicating Halstead's board saying things concerning Harris's recruitment, I don't even know what the content was, for crying out loud. Thats why I was inquiring like everyone else.
First I get accused of panicking, and so yeah, it ticked me off so like most humans I defended myself. Then you jump in with obsession or an agenda analysis. I am not 'at all' mad nor have an agenda about Prohm! SO JUST STOP. In fact I've talked to Coach Prohm several times, great guy. And a good coach,too!!! I have been impressed how's he's embraced this job, continued the success, and genuinely cares about his guys. Works his butt off, too, as he is constantly a student of the game and tirelessly engages in recruiting. Love the way his teams have played their best ball in March.
I don't know, maybe message board topics aren't my thing. But if you really knew me, you wouldn't be making these accusations. I'm a dedicated, passionate Cyclone, and yes,(sometimes a worry wart when people put the cart ahead of the horse), but I bleed Cardinal and Gold. Please lay off and lets end this bickering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron