New uniforms?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Does anyone know if ISU is getting new uniforms this year? I saw something that leads me to believe they are. I think they are switching to the Nike style with thin shoulder straps.

Last edited:

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Bro tank? That's how they used to wear them.

The Dr. agrees.

drj3n-10-copy.jpg

Reactions: clonehenge

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
Does anyone know if ISU is getting new uniforms this year? I saw something that leads me to believe they are. I think they are switching to the Nike style with thin shoulder straps.

I would love if they went back to the late Orr era uniforms. I loved the Cardinal and Gold striping on the collar.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I hate the thin strap uniform. Makes the players look like they're wearing bro tanks.
Bro tanks, really? The attached pic is what I think you are referring to. I think the jerseys look a lot more like practice jerseys than game jerseys. A lot less fabric in the shoulder area, larger neck hole, shorter shorts. I believe most of the elite teams had these units the past couple years. I even want to say that UNI had them last year too.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.PNG
    IMG_3089.PNG
    212.4 KB · Views: 166

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
i made these awhile back when i revamped the old logo and word mark.

Excellent work. I like what ISU currently has, but these look Really Good.

TheCriner-era typeface seemed to age poorly — I've grown to retro-embrace the tornado logo that went with it ... if ISU had used it for basketball uniforms during that time, though, this'd be a great throwback look combined with modern style. ... --- and it looks better on a bball uniform compared to helmet.

Cy-on-the-shorts is a fun touch, too — can you put a version of dribbling-Cy on white, cardinal and gold uni's?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
As long as we don't have the cumberbund look (but I don't think those are nike).

And that link of the "practice jerseys" all look the same.