David Carr ..... Has Chosen ISU!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Rocky Jordan committed to Ohio State today. Both him and Mattox are both at the same weight as Carr & both are committed to Ohio State

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Him and Brayton Lee both visiting next week. I wonder if they'll be in town for the Thursday night game? I hope so but it would require missing two days of school..

These two are probably the biggest targets for sure. Would both anchor weights that are much needed.

Gomez, Storr, Lee, Carr could be a monster run in the lineup for sure.

Reactions: cyputz

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We don't have game next weekend, I don't think. The Thursday game is 10 days away

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
We don't have game next weekend, I don't think. The Thursday game is 10 days away

Which is what I'm considering as next weekend.. This weekend I'm aware we don't have a game. What I'm asking is do you think they'll be here for the Thursday night game next week vs Texas or come the Friday/Saturday of next weekend (after the game)?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
That is great. See Jack Trice packed for a night game! Suppose they leave Saturday then

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
Can only be on campus for an official for 48 hours, so just depends when they arrive to my understanding

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Don’t know what inside information this author has, but it indicates that ISU will be unlikely to get Carr.

“Iowa State made the top interest lists and hosted highly ranked prospects like Indiana’s Brayton Lee, Ohio-based legacy David Carr and Fort Dodge’s unbeaten standout Brody Teske, but will likely wind up with none of them.”
https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/759255001

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Don’t know what inside information this author has, but it indicates that ISU will be unlikely to get Carr.

“Iowa State made the top interest lists and hosted highly ranked prospects like Indiana’s Brayton Lee, Ohio-based legacy David Carr and Fort Dodge’s unbeaten standout Brody Teske, but will likely wind up with none of them.”
https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/759255001
Maybe he was drawing that conclusion from what Dresser said about not expecting a great recruiting class this year.

LaxHawk174

Dec 12, 2016
Hope you guys land Carr. Would be a great addition to a solid recruiting class for this coaching staffs first year, and getting started much later than other coaches in the recruiting process.

#5 Carr
#46 Shapiro
#82 Duggan
Lara

Carr could be an attractive training partner for someone like Aaron Brooks (And ISU is in his top 5). Carr 165, Brooks 174. Cadet Bronze and Cadet Gold. Would much rather see him go to you guys than to PSU. It only increases the prestige of wrestling in Iowa higher than it already is when ISU and Iowa are both in the top 5 with title contending teams. Carr and Brooks would be huge pieces in bringing ISU back to the title/trophy contending realm.