Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Next year we'll have (recruiting points):
Park. Sr .8417
Noland. RS So .8300
Moore. RS F .8468
Mitchell. F .8605

Is that crowded? Will guys transfer? Seems like they're all bunched up with a similar rating. Beyond "we want guys who want competition" how does CMC keep these guys happy?

Someone will probably switch positions at some point

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and Messi

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
QBs are big process guys. They understand what they're getting into when they sign.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Park. Sr .8417
Noland. RS So .8300
Moore. RS F .8468
Mitchell. F .8605

Is that crowded? Will guys transfer? Seems like they're all bunched up with a similar rating. Beyond "we want guys who want competition" how does CMC keep these guys happy?
Convert some of them to linebackers.:)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
With our history at QB lately the more the better. It was a revolving door under Rhoads trying to find a guy that would take the job and run with it and even last year we saw Lanning come out of camp as the clear #1 only to lose the job to Park eventually. This may be the first season in a long time we stick with the same QB the entire season. These guys know what they are getting into when they commit. It's not like we have signed QBs that wound up leaving and went on to have success at other power 5 schools when they didn't get time here.

Even at the big time programs the top QB recruits wind up holding a clipboard for at least a year or 2 before they get a crack at the starting job. So far this staff has done a good job signing talent that contributes as true freshmen as well as sitting out a year to develop too. One thing ISU has never had a lot of is depth and having more depth at every position creates competition in the 2 deep which is a good thing to have if you want to put a competitive team on the field.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Whatever happened to Dom DeLira? I know he was at a JUCO school last year but not sure if he signed anywhere or not.

I could see Mitchell moving to another position, but hope he stays at QB. I think he is talented enough to beat out Zeb after a redshirt season and become Park's replacement as the starter. Also hoping that we end up landing Max Duggan in the 2019 class, but I think that is a long shot.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Whatever happened to Dom DeLira? I know he was at a JUCO school last year but not sure if he signed anywhere or not.

I could see Mitchell moving to another position, but hope he stays at QB. I think he is talented enough to beat out Zeb after a redshirt season and become Park's replacement as the starter. Also hoping that we end up landing Max Duggan in the 2019 class, but I think that is a long shot.

Mitchell is in the QB elite camp thing. I can't imagine him moving to a different position. I'd think he was recruited with the understanding he'd stay at QB.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Park. Sr .8417
Noland. RS So .8300
Moore. RS F .8468
Mitchell. F .8605

Not a problem at all. It is called depth and it is nice that iSu finally has it at key positions.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't think there is anything more valuable than an accurate quarterback. I hope we do everything possible to maximize our odds of that.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Competition is good for everyone. Hopefully we become a program that develops QBs. It is best for the program if our best guy/starter is an upperclassmen each year. It is easier to keep underclassmen happy if they know they are working towards their shot as an upperclassmen. Hard to have a group of happy guys when your starter is a freshman or sophomore. Guys don't see an opportunity coming.

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Mitchell redshirts next year. Noland a very solid backup to Park.

I think this is pretty spot-on. Also, when you consider that Moore will be coming off an injury, you really end up with Noland battling Moore for a backup role and Mitchell learning the system while getting reps in camp and practice.

It would be nice to be in control in some of our non-con games next year so we can get some of the other guys some live game experience. Beyond Park, there is a lot of unproven territory.

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
Well since only pointzzzzzz matter I guess Park better do well this year if he will be second off the bench next year. :D

Help Support Us

Become a patron