Fanatics...I need your guidance...

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Living in Eastern Iowa. It's Hawkeye everything over here.
Just struggling with another double digit collapse. We're now having to listen to Squawks talk about how great they are.
...it's getting old.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The result of this game has been hard for me to take. I feel too damn sad for it being just a football game. You see...I live in Eastern Iowa. It's Hawkeye everything over here.
...it's horrible when these 2 teams meet and Iowa wins. Hawk fans are insufferable. People say Cornhuskers are worse. Maybe they are. But those Nebraskans don't suck the soul out of a person like Hawkeye fans do. Can anyone from my Cyclone Fanatic family give me some encouragement here please. Thanks. Just struggling with another double digit collapse.
...it's getting old.

you don't have to go work at McD's on Monday.

They do.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The result of this game has been hard for me to take. I feel too damn sad for it being just a football game. You see...I live in Eastern Iowa. It's Hawkeye everything over here.
...it's horrible when these 2 teams meet and Iowa wins. Hawk fans are insufferable. People say Cornhuskers are worse. Maybe they are. But those Nebraskans don't suck the soul out of a person like Hawkeye fans do. Can anyone from my Cyclone Fanatic family give me some encouragement here please. Thanks. Just struggling with another double digit collapse.
...it's getting old.

Well Iowa fans over there aren't going to talk about this game for 51 weeks so you should be fine.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I grew up in Eastern Iowa and grew up an Iowa fan. Try to ignore them the best you can. The respectful ones (they do exist) will be good to talk with. Also, its just a game, it has no bearing on your life.

• Agree
Reactions: 2Xclone

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
...it's getting old.

Honestly? Grow a pair. Our players are feeling more pain than you can know. They left hearts and souls and sweat and blood (many of them anyway) and you just watched a game where you had nothing at risk other than your psyche.

I love me my Cyclones but sport are nothing more than a diversion from real life.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Don't let them see they're bothering you and they'll stop. If they see they're getting to you they're going to keep teasing you about it.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Honestly? Grow a pair. Our players are feeling more pain than you can know. They left hearts and souls and sweat and blood (many of them anyway) and you just watched a game where you had nothing at risk other than your psyche.

I love me my Cyclones but sport are nothing more than a diversion from real life.
Is this like suck it up Butter cup?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I live in eastern Iowa, and it can be bad, but there shouldn't be too much crowing from them after a battle like that. They are a tough team, I respect that. Would have been nice to win to keep some of their moronic fans at bay. The smart fans know they were fortune to get the win today.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Yeah...Im fine. Just as a fan I think we all want to see these guys that fight so hard on the field to be rewarded with more wins! Soon!

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Move to California. 15 years here in Nor Cal and I've only run across two hawks. **** Iowa. I'm already looking forward to Akron, and then after that our tour through the Big XII.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I live in Easten Iowa. Nothing I'm not used to with being a Cyclone fan. Will go to work Monday, get razzed a bit, and move on. Tough losses aren't anything new for us.

Legend12

May 9, 2008
...it's getting old.

Perhaps you could try being less of a *****?

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Congratulate them. Say you are happy Kirk finally gets to say he has a winning record against ISU. It only took him 19 years of trying to be able to say that. Then ask them if they think he will finally retire now he has achieved that long elusive goal.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Living in Eastern Iowa. It's Hawkeye everything over here.
Just struggling with another double digit collapse. We're now having to listen to Squawks talk about how great they are.
...it's getting old.

When exactly was the last time we blew a double digit lead against Iowa?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm