***OFFICIAL IOWA/ISU WEEK THREAD***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
@HawkeyeMashup You still going full-r***** about this whole Super Bowl clockgate thing? Let me be the first to say I truly am impressed that you've been on about it nonstop for a week straight. That takes dedication.

Speaking of, how hard have the s***ty Iowa sites been jerking eachother off about it? If your Twitter fans are any indication, I can't even believe they have any dysfunctional spooge left to eject at this point.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
80602855.jpg

Momma, is THAT your A-hole?

No honey, that's my Hawkeye...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: BigLame

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
27-24 Iowa. The talent discrepancy in the trenches gives them too large of a margin for error.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Honest assesment of both teams:

Iowa offensively - Wadley is ridiculous, OL protection was better than expected but run blocking worse. I thought Stanley looked pretty poor, he got a ton of yardage dumping underneath against our LB's but he missed a ton of open receivers. Butler didn't look good.

Iowa defensively - Not much you can say positively about them. Really thought the DL was not strong at all and obviously the secondary looked pathetic. That Ragubumba kid looked lost out there. LBs were the best unit but even Jewell didn't look that impressive IMO

ISU offensively - Park played OK, had a rut there in the first half and was hurt by drops. Montgomery is just a flat out stud, anyone that is saying Butler is better than him LOL. WR's had a lot of drops but ran some really good routes. Roasted Iowa's secondary all day.

ISU defensively - Awful overall. I thought our DT's looked pretty solid and losing Cotton Moya really hurt. LB's were terrible outside of Spears. That was the biggest disappointment overall.

Special teams - our punter is a lot better than theirs

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Some Hawkeye fans assessments of ISU:

-Montgomery is a very good back. I realized this vs UNI, but I wasn’t ready to say it as I didn’t know if it was the competition. ISU needs to get him the ball more

-ISU WR are somewhat overrated. Tons of drops for ISU, and players get open as a product of their offense, and having 4 WR running routes on every play. Butler and Lazard both had really key drops

-ISU’s D I don’t even know what to say. I thought Iowa would have a hard time getting 300 yards, and they end up with nearly 500 yards of offense? They have to clean that up, it is almost scary to think what Big12 teams are going to do to that defense.

-Park is a good QB. He throws a nice ball, it is catchable, gets it out on time for the most part, and really didn’t put anything the Hawks could pick off out there. The one pick by Iowa was fluky, not a bad play by Park. Hesse was just in the right place, right time as ISU was rightly trying to get Montgomery the ball.

There is enough there to build on for ISU. Like I said all off season ISU is a Bowl Team. I think they actually get to 7 wins this year. I’m just glad ISU has improved, as now they won’t be a drag on Iowa’s schedule. If we would have lost today, I would have though, OK, we lost to a pretty decent team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron