A Cyclone Fanatic Beer Club: Interested?

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I would totally be in for this if CF needs a Nebraska rep! I'm surrounded by the wrong shade of red.
What is your take on the Omaha Craft Brewery scene? I think it sucks. I think they are trying but I think Des Moines/Iowa in general is better.(duh)

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
What is your take on the Omaha Craft Brewery scene? I think it sucks. I think they are trying but I think Des Moines/Iowa in general is better.(duh)
Upstream and Brickway are two of my favorites (not counting Thunderhead Taproom, since the brewery itself is in Kearney). After that, it does trail off considerably. Pretty much all of the good craft beer is in the Old Market and very little outside of that. Having said that, I would rate DSM, and even Lincoln, over Omaha.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhawkdmb

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Colorado Clones: Wanted to give you an update that Living the Dream Brewing is hosting a game watch for the Texas game with the Denver Alumni Association. If we can get a good turnout, we can make it a fixture for future Cyclone football and basketball games! I think it is a great way to get the beer club Colorado started!

I'm nowhere near Colorado but this might be a good thing to start a new thread on, I have a feeling it might get a little lost at the end of this thread and not get as many views as it should.

Sidenote, I'm very jealous. I wish I could be at a Colorado brewery watching the game.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
If you're going that far out make a trip up to Singlespeed in Waterloo.

We even get Jason from the Nada's up here a couple times a month so it's almost like being in Ames for me.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
Colorado Clones: Wanted to give you an update that Living the Dream Brewing is hosting a game watch for the Texas game with the Denver Alumni Association. If we can get a good turnout, we can make it a fixture for future Cyclone football and basketball games! I think it is a great way to get the beer club Colorado started!

I'm IN!!!

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Upstream and Brickway are two of my favorites (not counting Thunderhead Taproom, since the brewery itself is in Kearney). After that, it does trail off considerably. Pretty much all of the good craft beer is in the Old Market and very little outside of that. Having said that, I would rate DSM, and even Lincoln, over Omaha.

I really like what Empyrean Brewing is doing in Lincoln.

Help Support Us

Become a patron