***OFFICIAL IOWA VS WYOMING PREDICTION THREAD***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I have to say I'm borderline shocked at that game. I didn't figure Texas would be world beaters right away, but I didn't expect them to struggle/lose against Maryland.

I don't really want to make excuses for Herman but they do have a bunch of players who are from the Houston area, and I think it very well could have affected their preparation. I suppose we'll see in the coming weeks.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Wasn't he like a really late offer for you all? And did ISU ever even offer him?

He was headed to Luther to play with his brother until Iowa offered in the 11th hour.

UNI offered to pay for his books and that was pretty much all he had.

Crazy story.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Wasn't he like a really late offer for you all? And did ISU ever even offer him?

He was a late offer. He was committed to UNI before the offer. As I remember, they only offered him a half scholarship, maybe less. Iowa told him there would almost certainly be a scholarship if he waited. Don't know if ISU offered but I can't believe he wouldn't have taken it over an offer from UNI.

OtisMyMan

May 3, 2013
Looked like a pretty typical iowa team. Pretty salty on defense but offensively challenged. Wouldn't surprise me for Ferentz to eventually figure out they settled on the wrong QB. He and O'Keefe have a history of this.

If we can score some points, I think we will win a close game.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
While I think this WY QB may have been overhyped, Park probably isn't significantly better. I think our offensive skill players around the field are better than Wyoming's and like you said it's all about the Oline. Wyoming certainly doesn't have the weapons to score on a good Big Ten team that Iowa looks the part of today.

ISU's skill players are significantly better than what Wyoming put out there. Allen has real ability, but he had to go underneath as they couldn't get over the top and couldn't protect him to do so. The only time he did get something down field, the Wyoming WR bobbled what should have been a TD. Iowa's secondary did okay missing the best corner and the OL did okay missing Daniels the starting center. Next week should be a good matchup.

dickdewater

Mar 16, 2016
Not sure why the instate schools weren't sold on Jewell. He was a monster at Decorah and a really good kid. I had heard some speculation that his heart wasn't into football after high school but who knows. He's a surefire pro now.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
Looked like a pretty typical iowa team. Pretty salty on defense but offensively challenged. Wouldn't surprise me for Ferentz to eventually figure out they settled on the wrong QB. He and O'Keefe have a history of this.

If we can score some points, I think we will win a close game.
First team to 28 wins this game. Iowa still has pass pro issues and wr issues. Their running game didn't look that good either. That said, I don't think we can run on them at all outside of Park scrambles. Their front seven is very good. Gonna have to sling it all game.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
While I think this WY QB may have been overhyped, Park probably isn't significantly better. I think our offensive skill players around the field are better than Wyoming's and like you said it's all about the Oline. Wyoming certainly doesn't have the weapons to score on a good Big Ten team that Iowa looks the part of today.

Lol. Park isn't close to Allen. Allen didn't have any support out there today. He lost his top 3 WR and their stud RB. He has a cannon of a arm, moves well in the pocket, can extend plays. He will be a 1st round draft pick, Park isn't close to the pro prospect that Allen is.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I now think we beat Iowa 45-6.

After the Iowa game I finally agree with you @1976. If ISU doesn't win this game by 39, ISU sucks balls.

I do reserve the right to change my mind after I watch ISU tonight. I am a classic overreactor, especially to week 1 results. Iowa has a long, long, long way to go offensively. The D looked pretty dang stout though, so that is good.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lol. Park isn't close to Allen. Allen didn't have any support out there today. He lost his top 3 WR and their stud RB. He has a cannon of a arm, moves well in the pocket, can extend plays. He will be a 1st round draft pick, Park isn't close to the pro prospect that Allen is.

At least we know you can't read. Kudos to the mostly non-dbag Hawkeye fans in the thread.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
At least we know you can't read. Kudos to the mostly non-dbag Hawkeye fans in the thread.

I read just fine. Problem is when you say that "Park probably isn't significantly better than Allen" to start the post I don't take it seriously and stop reading.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I read just fine. Problem is when you say that "Park probably isn't significantly better than Allen" to start the post I don't take it seriously and stop reading.

Let me try to translate as if you weren't a gigantic dbag: ISU probably won't get more out of the qb position but maybe more from receivers and running backs

That's how someone who isn't in rage hatred mode reads it.

I've seen Park play worse and better than Allen did today, I wouldn't expect him to play better. Freaking out over that incredibly bland analysis is why you're a sad troll living a sad life.

Aug 26, 2014
After the Iowa game I finally agree with you @1976. If ISU doesn't win this game by 39, ISU sucks balls.

I do reserve the right to change my mind after I watch ISU tonight. I am a classic overreactor, especially to week 1 results. Iowa has a long, long, long way to go offensively. The D looked pretty dang stout though, so that is good.
After watching both games today I'm more confident than I have ever been as a Cyclone fan about eating Iowa. We are far superior in every way.

Help Support Us

Become a patron