Anyone else following this? (legalization of Fireworks in Iowa)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Not against fireworks. I'm against idiots that don't understand that you can't shoot them off while standing in a crowd or after midnight. Sometimes you have to set laws based on the dipshits in our society.
I understand that. I agree they should set a time to be done by 10pm, but banning use completely is ridiculous.

• Winner
Reactions: jkclone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Not against fireworks. I'm against idiots that don't understand that you can't shoot them off while standing in a crowd or after midnight. Sometimes you have to set laws based on the dipshits in our society.

Our ******* neighbor likes to start up the grill around 11:00 p.m. and shoot off the fireworks around 2:30 a.m. Has been grilling less since not level deck he put up caught fire, I think from the grill and not the fireworks.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Our ******* neighbor likes to start up the grill around 11:00 p.m. and shoot off the fireworks around 2:30 a.m. Has been grilling less since not level deck he put up caught fire, I think from the grill and not the fireworks.
Be honest, did you light the ******* neighbor's deck on fire?

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Be honest, did you light the ******* neighbor's deck on fire?

Was tempting, as is calling the cops when the dog goes nuts with the fireworks. Was pondering it one night except they were complaining that the city had stopped and given them some notice about not mowing their yard. They wanted to borrow our mower but husband wouldn't let them near it. He offered to mow it for them and pointed out the guy down the street rehabs old mowers and sells them for $20-30. They thought that was kind of expensive, so I guess fireworks aren't?:confused:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I bought a shotgun at Jax last year. Damn you city of Ames for letting me buy it but not letting me shoot stuff in the parking lot.

What's next you'll let me buy a hooker but only let me stare at her!!!

I know you're being facetious but I actually agree with you :confused: :D

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I understand that. I agree they should set a time to be done by 10pm, but banning use completely is ridiculous.
I think it's ridiculous to think that people shooting off fireworks are gonna stop at 10pm. Telling me you'll stop at 10 is about like smokers saying they never throw their butts on the ground because they're courteous smokers....

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I think it's ridiculous to think that people shooting off fireworks are gonna stop at 10pm. Telling me you'll stop at 10 is about like smokers saying they never throw their butts on the ground because they're courteous smokers....

I agree. If I remember correctly (too lazy to look it up) it was 11PM on the 3rd and 4th and 10PM any other night.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Good riddance to fireworks. If people are too stupid to use them responsibly, then that's on them. This was the worst summer by far that I've witnessed in over 40 years. People can't even find the decency to respect others anymore it seems.

• Agree
Reactions: dosry5

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Good riddance to fireworks. If people are too stupid to use them responsibly, then that's on them. This was the worst summer by far that I've witnessed in over 40 years. People can't even find the decency to respect others anymore it seems.

You failed to say get off my lawn. Fireworks are lame though.