Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Is it hard to breathe with kirks nuts in your mouth?

I will defend him when he needs defending. Trust me I've been more than harsh on him for other situations. KF is a lot of things, but he has never shown to be a coach that valued winning over his player's best interest the best that he can.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I will defend him when he needs defending. Trust me I've been more than harsh on him for other situations. KF is a lot of things, but he has never shown to be a coach that valued winning over his player's best interest the best that he can.

He literally just did that in the ISU game with Scherff. What are you talking about?

• Disagree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
He literally just did that in the ISU game with Scherff. What are you talking about?

What are you talking about? Obviously the staff and Scherff felt he was able to play and thus he played. They have to make these kind of evaluations all the time as does every staff and player across the country.

• Disagree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What are you talking about? Obviously the staff and Scherff felt he was able to play and thus he played. They have to make these kind of evaluations all the time as does every staff and player across the country.

OK yeah I'm going to take your word for it when a trusted source said he played injured, played on one leg and had surgery that week. I can promise you that wouldn't happen under CMC's watch because he cares more about his players well being than anything else.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
OK yeah I'm going to take your word for it when a trusted source said he played injured, played on one leg and had surgery that week. I can promise you that wouldn't happen under CMC's watch because he cares more about his players well being than anything else.

Yeah, I'm not going to take your word for it since you hardly have any idea what you are talking about and are always talking out of both sides of your butt.

• Winner
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, I'm not going to take your word for it since you hardly have any idea what you are talking about and are always talking out of both sides of your butt.

I didn't say it, @Gonzo said it so don't make my word for it and Gonzo is 100 times the poster you are.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Just gonna drop this here:

http://qctimes.com/sports/football/...cle_6e09bff1-1808-5593-b4c3-66f3bd118456.html

From the article:

"Scherff appeared to not be quite as mobile as he is accustomed to being, blocking for an offense that averaged 4 yards per play and endured struggles running the football."

"OTT STARTS, TOO: Iowa defensive end Drew Ott, who also spent time in the hospital last week after his scooter was struck by a car early Monday morning, started and finished with three tackles."

• Winner

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

http://qctimes.com/sports/football/...cle_6e09bff1-1808-5593-b4c3-66f3bd118456.html

From the article:

"Scherff appeared to not be quite as mobile as he is accustomed to being, blocking for an offense that averaged 4 yards per play and endured struggles running the football."

"OTT STARTS, TOO: Iowa defensive end Drew Ott, who also spent time in the hospital last week after his scooter was struck by a car early Monday morning, started and finished with three tackles."

And???? They were both obviously cleared to play by the staff and themselves. Sounds like a couple of tough Midwestern boys right there.

• Creative
Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

From the article:

Also from the article:

" Brandon Scherff may not have been at 100 percent Saturday, but the Iowa offensive tackle didn’t let one last chance to take the field against Iowa State slip away."

^^^SUPERBOWL^^^

• Winner
Reactions: jmkc12 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And???? They were both obviously cleared to play by the staff and themselves. Sounds like a couple of tough Midwestern boys right there.

Which is disgusting that the staff would clear an injured player just to try to win a game. That right there is what is wrong with college athletics. The win at all cost thing is only going to get worse as these coaches like Ferentz keep getting more and more money and power.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Which is disgusting that the staff would clear an injured player just to try to win a game. That right there is what is wrong with college athletics. The win at all cost thing is only going to get worse as these coaches like Ferentz keep getting more and more money and power.

You have no idea what was going on behind closed doors or how bad the injuries were or how much worse the injuries could become by playing. It is all your naive, hate everything Iowa opinion. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Also from the article:

" Brandon Scherff may not have been at 100 percent Saturday, but the Iowa offensive tackle didn’t let one last chance to take the field against Iowa State slip away."

^^^SUPERBOWL^^^

That was a great victory that day. Glad Scherff was a Hawk and is still doing the program proud in the NFL.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You have no idea what was going on behind closed doors or how bad the injuries were or how much worse the injuries could become by playing. It is all your naive, hate everything Iowa opinion. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

This came from an Iowa fan not from me. What part of that don't you get? I honestly can't believe you're supporting Kirk's disgusting decision that day. I remember a lot of people wanting him fired after that season.

• Disagree
Reactions: breck53

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

“I was a little sore earlier in the week, but it wasn’t anything that I couldn’t handle,’’ I was scraped up a bit.’’

Poor guy. Not sure how he pulled through that one.

• Funny

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I knew you were slipping. Not even talking about the player being quoted anymore.
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

• Funny

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron