KRNT Reuniting Marty & Miller

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Man, i just don't get the hate for the Morning Rush. I personally like the show because it's different and they have their own identity. Travis rails on Nebraska any chance that he gets even though he lives in Omaha. Sure, he can be a little off color but when needed he does a pretty solid job reeling it in and having a good conversation. Murph and Andy are great and I don't see the Iowa bias that so many of our fans do. Murph has commented several times that Iowa coaches have made themselves more available than Iowa States, so you can't fault them for making room for radio appearances for those guys. Ross and Chris are great together on the Fanatics and I hope that show sticks around for a long time.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not the demo that the morning rush is going for (I'm a woman) so I don't expect it to be a show I want to listen to but Travis comes across as a sexist *******.

But it is morning drive time radio---he's not the only sexist ******* around. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I don't get that vibe at all. I listen probably 3-4 times per week and it's 50/50 ISU/IA talk over the long haul. Some days lean one way or another depending on what school has news going on. To always expect an even split every day is ridiculous.
It seems like they take a negative slant most of the time when talking Iowa State and a much more positive one with the the hoks

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I get that you are being nice and political but Marty is scum of the earth. The number of people he's ripped off, the amount of money he owes, the company he's kept (Luebke) is off the charts ridiculous.
@67CY, what do you disagree with about my statement?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I actually don't mind the Morning Rush. If anything its worth listening just to hear what dumb thing Sean Roberts said or did. I usually don't mind Travis either, maybe it's just his sick twisted ways of thinking I find entertaining but he's no where near the level of annoying that many other former KXNO hosts reached. I still wonder what could have been had Miller not ditched Heather to go running back to scumbag Marty once again but then again we'd never have the Fanatics had he stuck around. Chris and Ross are by far the best show for local sports talk right now and they have gotten so much better than they were when they first started out too.

Travis' talent is saying something "funny" and then laughing at it. I guess somebody has to.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Way too much Ross this week in the morning AND afternoon. Had to go with Bob and Tom this morning... couldn't take him anymore. And, this Bruno guy...does he have pictures of the program manager or does he pay to be on as much as he is? Beer talk that much??? A sure channel changer for me. Same if Heather starts with her social lectures.
I liked beer with Bruno in the early beginning, but now it's just a brewer we've barely heard of pimping their beer that'll b on tap at EBS. I assume they pay for a weekly spot, EBS that is.
Ross is the best part of KXnO. He's the glue guy. He's a Hawk, but he's smart enough to see thru the BS that most Hawk fans don't.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
At least the Cyclone hosts on KXNO, Chris and Heather, actually graduated from ISU with degrees in journalism. It seems whenever KXNO needs a Hawk expert they just put up flyers in Hawk taverns. Has there ever been a Hawk expert at KXNO that has earned even one credit at Iowa?

• Optimistic
Reactions: JohnnyDakota

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
CW, Ross, Murph, Andy, Heather are all good in my book. More than good, really.

Travis is okay in small doses. My commute is about 15 minutes and that's about right ;) I remember his TV sports days in Omaha when I was growing up. If you ever need a definition on what a "troll" is, it's Travis. Like Rush Limbaugh, people will usually listen if they love you, but always listen if they hate you.

Thursday's with Bruno is appointment radio for me. But I really like beer. Looking at it, smelling it, drinking it, talking about it, etc. :D

I didn't like how Ken Miller got all angry about being paired up with a woman (Heather) and stormed off the playground. I know that's not "officially" what happened, but sure seemed like it at the time.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Is anyone else not getting KXNO to pickup online? Can't get anything.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
iHeartRadio has helped me not have to listen to Omaha sports radio in years. Nebraska sports has disappeared from my life and my life is better for this. There is absolutely zero buzz for the Huskers this year.
2:00 to 6:00 is always on iHeartRadio on KXNO now.