Iowa State vs OU

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We currently are 5-74-2 against Oklahoma. We need to beat them every single year until 2086 to 500 vs them. I think OU is going to be a little down this year. They have a new coach and new young coaches are never as smart as they everyone thinks. I think we take them this year. Who is your upset on our schedule?

Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We currently are 5-74-2 against Oklahoma. We need to beat them every single year until 2086 to 500 vs them. I think OU is going to be a little down this year. They have a new coach and new young coaches are never as smart as they everyone thinks. I think we take them this year. Who is your upset on our schedule?
We are not beating OU. While not an upset, I think we beat Texas. Winning at K-State would be huge and the difference of a bowl game chance. I really like K-State's team this year though.

• Funny

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I will be shocked if we beat OU this year, and will be shocked if we ever beat them any year. That game will be chalked up as an annual loss in my book until Im convinced otherwise.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

You are on crack. It isn't like they replaced Stoops's entire staff. OU will be very good again.

I think the rest of the schedule is mostly winnable. KState being the toughest one because of their style. OSU will be good, but that type of offense can have a bad day and we could pull an upset. I'd put the best chance with an upset of Texas.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You can put a single digit percentage on the odds of ISU winning in Norman. Heck, I'd be tempted to put the number at 0%.

When's the last time a Big 12 team won in Norman?

• Funny

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I thought I did a better job of joking about beating OU. Showing that we need to win every year until 2086. I in now way think we beat OU at Norman. I would actually say Iowa or Texas but are those even upsets this year?

• Funny

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I thought I did a better job of joking about beating OU. Showing that we need to win every year until 2086. I in now way think we beat OU at Norman. I would actually say Iowa or Texas but are those even upsets this year?
My best guess for an upset is TCU at home. I wasn't impressed with them last year, though they should be improved.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
No way we beat OU. But we sweep non-con and beat KU, KSU, Texas, and Baylor. 7-5. Chance we upset WVU. 8-4. Damn son!!! Wait, but there's a chance we could upset OSU as well. 9-3. WE ARE ON THE MAP!!! Park starts his senior season on the heisman short list

• Optimistic

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Ironically, it was in Norman the last time we beat OU. Here's why we won't win...Stoops & Riley calculated this transition so that there wasn't a drop off like what happened when Switzer left in the 80's. Riley's inexperience could very well cost them the UT & oSu games (and even KSU) but Riley's familiarity with the program plus their talent level spells yet another big loss for the Cyclones.

I know you were joking but it is a topic that makes one wonder if we'll every beat OU again...

• Funny

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I think we give OSU a run for their money late in November up in Ames, but I think we come up sort... soo an upset for our fan base?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Ironically, it was in Norman the last time we beat OU. Here's why we won't win...Stoops & Riley calculated this transition so that there wasn't a drop off like what happened when Switzer left in the 80's. Riley's inexperience could very well cost them the UT & oSu games (and even KSU) but Riley's familiarity with the program plus their talent level spells yet another big loss for the Cyclones.

I know you were joking but it is a topic that makes one wonder if we'll every beat OU again...

Ok. Two flawed problems. This is a better hand off no doubt. However, it is almost the exact same type of hand off in the 80's. The big difference was Gibbs took over for a dumpster fire. They were being hit with all kinds of probation, lost schollarships, Turning Wilkenson dorms from football to all students. Gary Gibbs was the Wayne Morgan of OU football at the time. Actually it was a lot like that.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Ok. Two flawed problems. This is a better hand off no doubt. However, it is almost the exact same type of hand off in the 80's. The big difference was Gibbs took over for a dumpster fire. They were being hit with all kinds of probation, lost schollarships, Turning Wilkenson dorms from football to all students. Gary Gibbs was the Wayne Morgan of OU football at the time. Actually it was a lot like that.
You just made my point, Killer. OU football is far, far from the dumpster fire Switzer left. And don't think that's not on the mind of OU fans.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Could we beat them? Yes. Will we beat them? Gotta go with no.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron