Ranking CFB Fan Happiness

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I don't disagree with our place in the big 12 but being in a power 5 conference has me a hell of a lot happier than being a mid or low conference bottom feeder.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Highest Twitter buzz in the big 12. Iowa has the highest in the big 10. Pretty cool that the states fan bases are that passionate about their teams.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Highest Twitter buzz in the big 12. Iowa has the highest in the big 10. Pretty cool that the states fan bases are that passionate about their teams.

Both fan bases are passionate and there are no professional sports teams in the state.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I don't disagree with our place in the big 12 but being in a power 5 conference has me a hell of a lot happier than being a mid or low conference bottom feeder.
Heh,heh,heh! :mad: A little compassion for us bottom feeders.:( Where else would ISU go for away non league games?:D

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I disagree with the list I'm way happier than that, I expect most ISU fans are as well. sold out tickets are a good barometer.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I wish it stated what teams they used for rivals for some of these teams. I would consider OU both Texas and OK Lite biggest rival, so which do they figure for OU? Or do they do both?

Also I think overall happiness should include things such as attendance and other fan related stats, not just football related stats. Twitter is the only fan related criteria. Revenue barely has anything to do fans, it's more about contracts.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Methodology includes 6 points, and about half make no sense to me. I don’t link general fan happiness with revenue growth or recruitment rankings. Those are niche obsessions — they may be important in the overall sense, but I wouldn’t use them to measure fan contentment.

Rivalry dominance might have more impact if the methodology contained 15 or 20 categories. Maybe they consider rivalry results as it applies to recruiting advantage. That doesn’t apply the same way with all rivalries.

Look at Iowa State’s summary:
“Cyclones fans are annoyed with struggles against rival Iowa.”

Yeah, it’s always annoying to lose to Iowa. But that hasn’t been the sole disappointment in the past 5 years (I'd rank it maybe 8th of the top 10 on the ISU Discontent List).