Cyclones.tv for the opener

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Has anyone seen anything from the athletic department on this year's streaming of the uni game? Last year was a disaster, it'd be nice to have some assurance that this year won't be a repeat.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We've got Mediacom this year so I am going to assume no issues. Last year was awful...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I look forward to joining the telecast sometime in the second quarter. I'm seriously not even going to try the first quarter, I'll take in the radio call and hopefully be able to join in eventually.

• Funny
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Part of a culture change for ISU football that I wish someone like CMC had control over would be to make the season opener between 2/3 of the big state schools visible to everyone on a local channel. You know if Hawkdom was in the same situation they'd be practically rioting and probably get their way.

Having something with this low of direct availability makes a college football game feel like it's on the same level of importance as an early December non-conference basketball game.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Going to try it with Roku this year. Hoping that bypasses some of the mess I/most of us had last year.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I might just listen to the game

Cyclones.TV has proven multiple times that they cannot handle a football production

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Part of a culture change for ISU football that I wish someone like CMC had control over would be to make the season opener between 2/3 of the big state schools visible to everyone on a local channel. You know if Hawkdom was in the same situation they'd be practically rioting and probably get their way.

Having something with this low of direct availability makes a college football game feel like it's on the same level of importance as an early December non-conference basketball game.

Thats not possible with the Big 12 TV deal, I dont believe.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Thats not possible with the Big 12 TV deal, I dont believe.

You're likely right overall as even KSU's ranked #20 and is listed as their '.TV' site for viewing. But can KSU fans see the game outside the inter webs, i.e. is something like Mediacom more prevalent for them?