KRNT Reuniting Marty & Miller

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
Fanatics is the best local show. Murph and Andy are great too. I don't care for the morning show due to Travis. Heather is good and I'm glad she's on KXNO. It'll be good to have Ken back on the air because he's better than Jimmy B.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I actually don't mind the Morning Rush. If anything its worth listening just to hear what dumb thing Sean Roberts said or did. I usually don't mind Travis either, maybe it's just his sick twisted ways of thinking I find entertaining but he's no where near the level of annoying that many other former KXNO hosts reached. I still wonder what could have been had Miller not ditched Heather to go running back to scumbag Marty once again but then again we'd never have the Fanatics had he stuck around. Chris and Ross are by far the best show for local sports talk right now and they have gotten so much better than they were when they first started out too.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I actually don't mind the Morning Rush. If anything its worth listening just to hear what dumb thing Sean Roberts said or did. I usually don't mind Travis either, maybe it's just his sick twisted ways of thinking I find entertaining but he's no where near the level of annoying that many other former KXNO hosts reached. I still wonder what could have been had Miller not ditched Heather to go running back to scumbag Marty once again but then again we'd never have the Fanatics had he stuck around. Chris and Ross are by far the best show for local sports talk right now and they have gotten so much better than they were when they first started out too.

Way too much Ross this week in the morning AND afternoon. Had to go with Bob and Tom this morning... couldn't take him anymore. And, this Bruno guy...does he have pictures of the program manager or does he pay to be on as much as he is? Beer talk that much??? A sure channel changer for me. Same if Heather starts with her social lectures.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
As an out of towner that will listen to listen to iheart, I stay away from most of the crap radio shows. I'll tune in to Chris and sometimes to Murph and Andy (but NOT the Time with Tana segment-BAD), but DP has lost me over the years.

Just FYI for you and all, they haven't done a Tana segment in literally years now. M&A is a daily podcast listen for me.

Morning Rush is god awful. When they brag about their ratings I roll my eyes.....only reason they have anyone listening at all is because there is absolutely nothing else to listen to that is sports related here in this market during that time slot. The Morning Rush can barely qualify as a sports show. Sometimes they skim over some topics but the rest of the time it's Travis with his crude sexual innuendo and both of them making fun of Sean. I'm also quite certain that I pay more attention to sports and I've got a full time job and a kid to tend to. Seems like they surprise each other when reading off topics from the sports websites that they cruise for content while on the air. Essentially no show prep at all.

Heather and Ross is a decent combination but Heather doesn't show much depth with sports topics. She routinely mispronounces the names of fairly well-known figures. Travis and anyone else is terrible. Travis is OK in small doses, but horrible in a daily 2 hour radio show. Bruno is awful also, like someone just mentioned.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Just FYI for you and all, they haven't done a Tana segment in literally years now. M&A is a daily podcast listen for me.

Morning Rush is god awful. When they brag about their ratings I roll my eyes.....only reason they have anyone listening at all is because there is absolutely nothing else to listen to that is sports related here in this market during that time slot. The Morning Rush can barely qualify as a sports show. Sometimes they skim over some topics but the rest of the time it's Travis with his crude sexual innuendo and both of them making fun of Sean. I'm also quite certain that I pay more attention to sports and I've got a full time job and a kid to tend to. Seems like they surprise each other when reading off topics from the sports websites that they cruise for content while on the air. Essentially no show prep at all.

Heather and Ross is a decent combination but Heather doesn't show much depth with sports topics. She routinely mispronounces the names of fairly well-known figures. Travis and anyone else is terrible. Travis is OK in small doses, but horrible in a daily 2 hour radio show. Bruno is awful also, like someone just mentioned.

this. travis was the sports guy on Todd n Tyler (Omaha).

has told them that he is basically hacking them (sex, drugs, rock n roll) for des moines sports talk.

the only prob is that travis is a nerdboy and is trying too hard to be edgy.

comes off poorly.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The morning rush is a decent show. It's better with Ross and Heather. Murphy and Andy is a great show, and Cw has really come into his own with his show. I personally think Ross is the best sports talk guy in the market.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The morning rush is a decent show. It's better with Ross and Heather. Murphy and Andy is a great show, and Cw has really come into his own with his show. I personally think Ross is the best sports talk guy in the market.

Ross is at his best when Chris is on the show, when Chris is gone for whatever reason he is not as good. But yes they have a good show. Murphy and Andy are good except when they go Hawkeye heavy and it pisses me off they have a Hawkeye staff member on every week, yet cannot get anyone on weekly from ISU (Walters, Heft, a coach, Pollard, anyone) to talk Cyclones.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Ross is at his best when Chris is on the show, when Chris is gone for whatever reason he is not as good. But yes they have a good show. Murphy and Andy are good except when they go Hawkeye heavy and it pisses me off they have a Hawkeye staff member on every week, yet cannot get anyone on weekly from ISU (Walters, Heft, a coach, Pollard, anyone) to talk Cyclones.
It's cuz our guys are out recruiting. #thoseguysinAmes :)

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I don't want to get into the mix of discussing my colleagues. I love them all. But good news for you guys that Campbell will be on my show weekly this fall. Matt and I talked about it last week and he is excited to bring that to the KXnO audience knowing that Kirk does the weekly deal with Keith and Andy.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Baby Rush (Deace) is still on? I guess there are advantages to living in Eastern Iowa. I couldn't take five seconds.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Murphy and Andy are good except when they go Hawkeye heavy and it pisses me off they have a Hawkeye staff member on every week, yet cannot get anyone on weekly from ISU (Walters, Heft, a coach, Pollard, anyone) to talk Cyclones.

I don't get that vibe at all. I listen probably 3-4 times per week and it's 50/50 ISU/IA talk over the long haul. Some days lean one way or another depending on what school has news going on. To always expect an even split every day is ridiculous.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't want to get into the mix of discussing my colleagues. I love them all. But good news for you guys that Campbell will be on my show weekly this fall. Matt and I talked about it last week and he is excited to bring that to the KXnO audience knowing that Kirk does the weekly deal with Keith and Andy.
I get that you are being nice and political but Marty is scum of the earth. The number of people he's ripped off, the amount of money he owes, the company he's kept (Luebke) is off the charts ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I get that you are being nice and political but Marty is scum of the earth. The number of people he's ripped off, the amount of money he owes, the company he's kept (Luebke) is off the charts ridiculous.

I was more referring to my KXnO colleagues. Really an amazing group of people. We have an awesome team at KXnO. All three shows work with one another. Andrew Downs is an amazing PD. We have great sales people. At the top, Joel McCrea is a guy I would take a bullet for. He's done so much for me. Just good people all together. I'm honored to be a part of that group.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This Travis fella predicted the Huskers to go 11-1 or 10-2 this season, SMH. And #9 is the exact reason I listen to Fawcast and the Saturday podcast during my morning drive time. Oh, and I have no desire to listen to the life and times of a 28 year old guido talk about the reasons why he overslept and which dating site he likes best.

https://bcdivide.com/news/top-10-things-that-will-happen-before-nebraska-goes-11-1-this-season/

Nobody cares about your website so you can quit promoting it on here.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Preach! I really wish the morning show was better. Not a fan of Travis Justice at all

I've given their show several opportunities - and I just can't do it. That show is brutally bad. Which sucks because the other KXNO local shows are entertaining. But it's Mike and Mike or music for my morning commute.

Des Moines is a good sized city - and yet they pay someone to do a local sports show from Omaha? Makes no sense. And its clear by listening they aren't in the same studio.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and dawgpound

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I am not knocking KxNO but I do wish 1700 ran a sports program in the morning. Competition drives quality and its nice to have options. I do love that they have a Dave Ramsey replay from the day before.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Travis is the only one I can't stand on the morning show. I like Heather and Sean. Travis is ok in small doses but not for a whole show. Murph and Andy are just ok to me. Fanatics is the best local show by far.