Tongamoa Watch

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
For everyone worried he is gonna come in out of shape I heard from a good source he is down in weight from when he signed with ISU on NSD. He is down to 310 from 320. Wouldn't think the weight loss is just from sitting around and being lazy.

Prob lost 10 lbs from stress of all this..

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
For reference, Ahtyba Rubin stepped foot on campus on August 21. Played all 12 games. He had a five tackle game against Iowa on Sept 16 and started every game after that. Rubin replaced true freshman Nick Leaders.

If Tonogmoa is as good as Rubin...he will get snaps early but there is more depth in front of him than what was in front of Rubin. No disrespect to Leaders but he was undersized and a true freshman at the time.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm in the never satisfied camp I suppose.
I was hoping to hear "I've been working with a trainer and am in the best shape of my life, ready to go day one."
Regardless, looking forward to him being in camp.

Lol. Do you know of any good, free or under $100/hr sport specific PT's out there? I'd like to get in on that.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Heard he hit Park so hard, his knees turned inside out and a foot actually flew off Park's leg and hit Zeb in the eye causing a bruise and concussive symptoms. Zeb, recoiling from the flying appendage and with his vision impaired by a phalange strike, fell back into Lanning who suffered a career ending sports hisnia with is innards showing outwards.

It was gross.

You forgot the best part. They put in Tiller after.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think he will play a few snaps early, maybe not uni but probably Iowa. Feels like there are several guys on the DL that have worked pretty hard to play. They deserve a chance to prove that they can handle the front of the defense. If they can't, then he will get more time than I suspect.

Reactions: dinger

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The concern isn't conditioning as much as learning responsibilities. Playing DT in FBS is more complicated than just filling a gap. They'll have to teach him basics and then play him situationally - based on how well has picking it up - as much as his conditioning allows. Wash rinse repeat until he knows enough and is conditioned enough to play long stretches.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
The concern isn't conditioning as much as learning responsibilities. Playing DT in FBS is more complicated than just filling a gap. They'll have to teach him basics and then play him situationally - based on how well has picking it up - as much as his conditioning allows. Wash rinse repeat until he knows enough and is conditioned enough to play long stretches.

6'5 310 lbs..He will start playing a lot by big 12 play..thats 5 weeks away or so..that's enough time to get him acclimated to calls and the system as a DT and for him to get back in shape. I don't disagree with u..its more than just filling a gap...but it's also not like learning the system and plays as QB or WR or calling the defense like a MLB or holding the edge or rushing the passer like a DE..when it comes to learning the system on defense interior D line is about the easiest.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
6'5 310 lbs..He will start playing a lot by big 12 play..thats 5 weeks away or so..that's enough time to get him acclimated to calls and the system as a DT and for him to get back in shape. I don't disagree with u..its more than just filling a gap...but it's also not like learning the system and plays as QB or WR or calling the defense like a MLB or holding the edge or rushing the passer like a DE..when it comes to learning the system on defense interior D line is about the easiest.

I think the Texas game will be his debut. That will give him just over 4 weeks in the program and his conditioning should be fine by then as well as his knowledge of the defensive assignments/schemes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron