Game of Thrones Season 7

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
I've heard that theory, and I'm not buying it. If they can write that twist to make it work, I wouldn't hate it, but I would hate them to do that for shock-value's sake.
It would play to the "bittersweet ending" they've mentioned. So would a bunch of scenarios but just saying.

I think we'll get some more Bran insight in the finale.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm still wondering why the NK wouldn't kill Drogon instead of Viserion. Bigger dragon. Closer. Not a moving target. Oh, and all of my enemies are trying to escape on it.

If he goes after Drogon there, he likely kills everyone else by sheer numbers, as well as removing the people in charge that pose any real threat to stopping him.

The NK is just a javelin-throwing showboater.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I'm still wondering why the NK wouldn't kill Drogon instead of Viserion. Bigger dragon. Closer. Not a moving target. Oh, and all of my enemies are trying to escape on it.

If he goes after Drogon there, he likely kills everyone else by sheer numbers, as well as removing the people in charge that pose any real threat to stopping him.

The NK is just a javelin-throwing showboater.

I thought the same thing. I was thinking "getting him out of there" then the NK started aiming to the sky. Maybe the NK knew he could get Drogon, as it would take a minute for him to get in the air so why not go for two dragons instead of one. Also not entirely sure the NK thinks any of the humans are a threat to his plans, so killing them probably isn't his highest priority.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts

Interesting little (potential) find here. Not sure what the significance is if it is in fact Bran warging into LongClaw, but it still is interesting.

Jon rising from the water made me think of: "What is dead may never die but rises again, harder and stronger."

It also made me want to look up Patchface rhymes, ho ho.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

Interesting little (potential) find here. Not sure what the significance is if it is in fact Bran warging into LongClaw, but it still is interesting.

That looks like nothing to me. I think the eyes have a reflectance to them. At first, we see snow or white reflectance, but with the water and shadow, it just turns darker in the eye??

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
im missing something....
Jon rising from the water made me think of: "What is dead may never die but rises again, harder and stronger."

It also made me want to look up Patchface rhymes, ho ho.
That looks like nothing to me. I think the eyes have a reflectance to them. At first, we see snow or white reflectance, but with the water and shadow, it just turns darker in the eye??
It's speculating that Bran was warged into the pommel of LongClaw, watching the entire fight. That is why I said it was a "potential" find and wasn't sure what the significance of that would be. Found it interesting, though, if something were to come from that. I wonder what Bran could have really learned from watching that fight, however.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I don't think (I don't hope anyway) that it's Bran warging into LongClaw, but I thought it was definitely intentional and not just a reflection. To me, I see a fairly noticeable pupil that gets darker a split second before Jon emerges. Given Jon and Jorah's discussion about the sword's true ownership earlier in the episode, I find it hard to be a simple coincidence.

Whether or not anything more comes of it, I'm not sure, however there was an unusual amount of focus on the sword for it to just be a reflection.

Edit: I just realized that the eyes were supposed to be red jewels. The whiteness of the eyes seems to imply Bran being present.

• Agree

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
It would play to the "bittersweet ending" they've mentioned. So would a bunch of scenarios but just saying.

I think we'll get some more Bran insight in the finale.

It would also play into the "third shocking moment" the show will blow before the books after Hodor and Shireen.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I don't think (I don't hope anyway) that it's Bran warging into LongClaw, but I thought it was definitely intentional and not just a reflection. To me, I see a fairly noticeable pupil that gets darker a split second before Jon emerges. Given Jon and Jorah's discussion about the sword's true ownership earlier in the episode, I find it hard to be a simple coincidence.

Whether or not anything more comes of it, I'm not sure, however there was an unusual amount of focus on the sword for it to just be a reflection.

Edit: I just realized that the eyes were supposed to be red jewels. The whiteness of the eyes seems to imply Bran being present.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 10

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

That's not nothing. I'd almost guarantee that. It's just way to clear and way to wargy to be a coincidence.

• Agree

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So now he can warg into inanimate objects? I could maybe even buy a plant of some sort...although they don't have eyes. But an object that has carved eyes? Not sure if I would like that included in the story.

Perhaps the pommel was carved out of weirwood? The faces of the weirwood trees have a significance/link to the Old Gods and in the books are the ways that Bran & 3ER are able to see past events.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Perhaps the pommel was carved out of weirwood? The faces of the weirwood trees have a significance/link to the Old Gods and in the books are the ways that Bran & 3ER are able to see past events.
giphy.gif

that was my thought as well

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Pretty sure it's just water splashing on the eye from Jon's hand. The internet is really trying to stretch everything they can to find symbolism.

You all can quote and mock me if it turns out Bran can warg into inanimate objects.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Pretty sure it's just water splashing on the eye from Jon's hand. The internet is really trying to stretch everything they can to find symbolism.

You all can quote and mock me if it turns out Bran can warg into inanimate objects.
Yeah, that was also my initial reaction. But like you said we like to really stretch stuff and when I found out that is what people were looking at I watched it like 10 times and couldn't say one way or the other. I think it is more likely to be nothing, than something huge, but at the same time an interesting little detail found if it does turn out to be "Bran"