jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
WWE_No_Mercy_2016_Logo.png

WWE No Mercy

Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

September 24, 2017, 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central

WWE Network/PPV

Looks like there's only the one scheduled for September, although CBS Sports says there's something rumored for September 10 (but it can't be a SDL PPV - they had the last brand-specific show).

Reactions: Macloney

KHoing7

Aug 23, 2009
LeGrand
WWE_No_Mercy_2016_Logo.png

WWE No Mercy

Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

September 24, 2017, 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central

WWE Network/PPV

Looks like there's only the one scheduled for September, although CBS Sports says there's something rumored for September 10 (but it can't be a SDL PPV - they had the last brand-specific show).
Raw had Fastlane and Payback before and after Wrestlemania

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
You know you're way behind on WWE storylines when you flip on RAW and see Rollins and Ambrose buddy buddy again.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yep, Was not sure if Big Cass was really hurt but the Ref threw up the Cross arms. The problem with that feud was you can tell Enzo is friends with Big Cass. He was doing his little "Winning dance" but he kept looking at Cass with a concerned face. Big Cass reminds me of Test BTW

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
You're not that far behind - it only just happened.

Think it's worth going back thru RAW/Smackdown from the summer or just try to catch on now? We had a newborn (3rd overall child), so I have had zero free time in months.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Think it's worth going back thru RAW/Smackdown from the summer or just try to catch on now? We had a newborn (3rd overall child), so I have had zero free time in months.

Yeah, but I would fast forward through a lot of the midcard stuff. The stuff that's really worth watching is stuff involving Lesnar/Joe/Reigns/Strowman, Ambrose and Rollins, The Miz/Miztourage, and perhaps the Women's division (if you can stomach how they completely ruined Bayley)

SmackDown is even worse. The only thing really worth watching on a weekly basis is the Breezeango segments where they're fuzing their "Fashion Po Po" segments with classic police TV shows. The Tag Team division outside of Breezeango is hit or miss, but a little bit better now that New Day and the Usos are feuding (heel Usos is one of the best things that has happened to them). The WWE title scene is a complete cluster with Jinder Mahal as champion (no matter how much people try and convince themselves how awesome it is). KO and AJ Styles are among the best things on SDL, but, like everything else, it's hit or miss. Nakamura should be so much better than he is but is being completely mishandled by creative. Baron Corbin has been completely buried in the Cena graveyard (including losing MITB briefcase), Sami Zayn is still on the nonstop treadmill, Mike and Maria Kanellis have been for the most part a miss as their schtick is way too far over the top. Women's division is more miss than hit lately with Charlotte and Becky Lynch not the focal point, but Natalya is the new champion, and at least that's something different. Naomi was interesting around Mania with the glow gimmick, but the gimmick itself was shallow and never did anything else with it and it became stale.

NXT remains the most intriguing brand in WWE, but, once again, it's about to get raided again any time now.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
KO vs AJ Styles, KO gets to pick the referee - and he's picking Sami Zayn? Are they finally actually doing something with him?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wonder if we're also getting Ember Moon, the Iconic Duo (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) and/or AoP tonight as well.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Roode is the shot in the arm that SD desperately needed. No skit from Breezango but loved the run in with Owens. Breeze yelling out to be continued and Owens yelling no was hilarious.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Finally watched Raw last night. I was a big fan of Enzo and Cass, but wow that has been so mismanaged since they split them up. I was semi-hopeful as while Enzo was out before and Cass did singles, it was great. This is just straight up bad, for both of them. When's the last time Enzo won anything (besides this injury obviously). Hopefully they realize it isn't working and have them reunite over this injury and become bro's again.

They have so many good tag teams too I felt, yet they keep putting the titles on singles people. First teaming up Shamus and the swiss super man, now 2/3 of shield. I feel bad for teams like Gallows and Anderson or the Hardys who perform well as a duo. Rollins/Ambrose looked lost when trying to work together.

Also I feel bad for Shane. SDL was by far the better of the two shows, and then creative decided they didn't want that to happen as Raw is the flagship show. Raw has all the talent now. And then they go and have Cena bury Corbin, just to have him move to Raw the next week.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Finally watched Raw last night. I was a big fan of Enzo and Cass, but wow that has been so mismanaged since they split them up. I was semi-hopeful as while Enzo was out before and Cass did singles, it was great. This is just straight up bad, for both of them. When's the last time Enzo won anything (besides this injury obviously). Hopefully they realize it isn't working and have them reunite over this injury and become bro's again.

They have so many good tag teams too I felt, yet they keep putting the titles on singles people. First teaming up Shamus and the swiss super man, now 2/3 of shield. I feel bad for teams like Gallows and Anderson or the Hardys who perform well as a duo. Rollins/Ambrose looked lost when trying to work together.

Also I feel bad for Shane. SDL was by far the better of the two shows, and then creative decided they didn't want that to happen as Raw is the flagship show. Raw has all the talent now. And then they go and have Cena bury Corbin, just to have him move to Raw the next week.

I wouldn't feel too bad for the Hardys. They're in WWE for a final run (and to stick it to GFW) and they put the titles on them the night they returned - at Mania. They've actually had a pretty good run.

I wouldn't feel too bad for Shane, either. Shane is a part-timer, at best. But if he were to return to WWE he'd be a "status quo" guy (as in, in line with what Vince and Kevin Dunn are doing). If you really want change to the way WWE does business, you really want Stephanie and HHH to take over once Vince finally does retire. It's no public secret their first order of business would be to "endeavour" Kevin Dunn, and then start reshaping the fabric of the main roster, hopefully more in line with their vision of NXT.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
"What are they going to do with Enzo" has been answered - he's part of the Cruiserweight division now - for now.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah, but I would fast forward through a lot of the midcard stuff. The stuff that's really worth watching is stuff involving Lesnar/Joe/Reigns/Strowman, Ambrose and Rollins, The Miz/Miztourage, and perhaps the Women's division (if you can stomach how they completely ruined Bayley)

SmackDown is even worse. The only thing really worth watching on a weekly basis is the Breezeango segments where they're fuzing their "Fashion Po Po" segments with classic police TV shows. The Tag Team division outside of Breezeango is hit or miss, but a little bit better now that New Day and the Usos are feuding (heel Usos is one of the best things that has happened to them). The WWE title scene is a complete cluster with Jinder Mahal as champion (no matter how much people try and convince themselves how awesome it is). KO and AJ Styles are among the best things on SDL, but, like everything else, it's hit or miss. Nakamura should be so much better than he is but is being completely mishandled by creative. Baron Corbin has been completely buried in the Cena graveyard (including losing MITB briefcase), Sami Zayn is still on the nonstop treadmill, Mike and Maria Kanellis have been for the most part a miss as their schtick is way too far over the top. Women's division is more miss than hit lately with Charlotte and Becky Lynch not the focal point, but Natalya is the new champion, and at least that's something different. Naomi was interesting around Mania with the glow gimmick, but the gimmick itself was shallow and never did anything else with it and it became stale.

NXT remains the most intriguing brand in WWE, but, once again, it's about to get raided again any time now.

Thanks for the analysis!

Yeah I've learned if I watch the first couple and last couple segments on RAW, I can figure out what's going on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron