Park with the most "Arm Talent" in the Big 12?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Would love to read but I have boycotted anyone that uses the term arm talent.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Would love to read but I have boycotted anyone that uses the term arm talent.

Why? Do you have something against actual analysis of a players tools? It's an interesting thing to look at guys based on one specific criteria and arm talent is pretty important for a QB. It sure beats the hell out of reading BR articles on who has the strongest arm.

That said, Rudolph is too low even if he does make a lot of hay of a great receiver or two.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

Aug 26, 2014
I would love nothing more, but so much of that hinges on the OLine. If Park can have the time to set and throw, this offense should be dangerous. If the line folds all the time like it did on Sam, it could be another tough year.
We have one of the best oline coaches in the country. They got better last year and will be a solid group this year. This is going to be a the best season we've experienced in a long time, and a lot of that has to do with how great Park is.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
We have one of the best oline coaches in the country. They got better last year and will be a solid group this year. This is going to be a the best season we've experienced in a long time, and a lot of that has to do with how great Park is.
Lol idk if I have ever seen as optimistic/biased Iowa State fan.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Why? Do you have something against actual analysis of a players tools? It's an interesting thing to look at guys based on one specific criteria and arm talent is pretty important for a QB. It sure beats the hell out of reading BR articles on who has the strongest arm.

That said, Rudolph is too low even if he does make a lot of hay of a great receiver or two.
Easy, just joking. It's just one if those annoying terms that people overuse these days. I read the article, enjoyed it thoroughly.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I believe in CMC and Park. Especially when we have so many offensive weapons.
Understandable, but the most important part of the offense, and defense, are huge question marks. That is, the lines. I get we have a great coach in Manning and Campbell for the oline, but even they said we gotta be realistic. These guys haven't played a true game with each other. This isn't a cohesive line and will take time to mold.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Been a while since we've had a guy that can throw the ball accurately more than 10 yards and avoid the mysterious multiple times a game pass to a guys feet.

Reactions: Omaha Cy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Easy, just joking. It's just one if those annoying terms that people overuse these days. I read the article, enjoyed it thoroughly.

Sorry. I just stay a little on edge when it comes to defending in depth analysis of actual things in this Skip Bayless age.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
According to the Land Grant Gauntlet, yes he does.

I'll be honest, I don't think I've read anything from the LGG before, but the writer seems to have done some homework before putting it out there.

http://landgrantgauntlet.com/2017/08/21/ranking-the-arm-talent-in-the-big-12/

I agree. His lazer 20-30 yd throws are very good. What I have not YET seen is his ability to absolutely move the chains with these throws.
  • Flat/Middle Drag — 0-5 yards sideline to sideline
  • Out — 5-16 yards from the numbers to the boundary

Too often on 3rd and short, I see a high risk lazer over the middle for 15 yds, which is dropped or otherwise incomplete.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Lol idk if I have ever seen as optimistic/biased Iowa State fan.
Can I have some of that, please?