Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Okay that is fine, but this was specifically coming at his speed, no? I didn't see anything about his drops so I didn't realize that was a part of your argument on why he wouldn't be drafted. Understand now.

I talked about his speed, never said that was the only reason.

Lots of good NFL WR run in that 4.5-4.7 range. It becomes more difficult the slower you run, but elite WR can make up for the lack of some speed. Lazard isn't a Elite WR.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I talked about his speed, never said that was the only reason.

Lots of good NFL WR run in that 4.5-4.7 range. It becomes more difficult the slower you run, but elite WR can make up for the lack of some speed. Lazard isn't a Elite WR.

Lazard is better than any WR to ever play at Iowa. He's got over 2400 yards through his first 3 years at ISU. The all time leading WR at Iowa has 2800 yards in his career. Derp.

• Dislike
  • Winner
Reactions: GTO and breck53

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
I don't think Lazard sticks in the NFL. NFL WR is a ridiculously high standard to make.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Why? He has incredible size and is elite in creating separation.

giphy.gif

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Talent optional conference.

Not to mention McNutt spent his first 2 years on the Iowa campus as a QB.

So really McNutt outproduced Lazard in his 3 seasons at WR when compared to Lazard's first 3 seasons at WR.

Lazard would need to put up 1035 yards this year to have the yardage total in his sophomore through senior seasons match McNutt's production in the 3 years he played WR.

And he would need to haul in 15 TD's this year for his sophomore through senior numbers to match the 28 put up by McNutt in his 3 years at WR.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
LOL Iowa trolls. Hope your DBs can defend better than you can trash-talk...but I doubt it. Looking forward to Sept. 9.

Yeah we're pretty green there and at QB and WR and OC. Pretty sure ISU will get the W this year while we rebuild.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
LOL Iowa trolls. Hope your DBs can defend better than you can trash-talk...but I doubt it. Looking forward to Sept. 9.

I am never worried about Iowa's d backs, Parker is a really good coach back there.

How is ISU's OL and DL looking?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How could you possibly disagree with what I said @YeahBuddy? McNutt had 674 receiving yards as a sophomore (in 13 games) while Lazard had 808 receiving yards in 11 games.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
Allen is definitely an NFL player but I'm thinking he's a 3rd-4th round guy. Too many GMs look at measurables (speed) instead of whether the guy can play football. It's dumb as hell. His lack of speed will keep him out of the first two rounds for sure.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Allen is definitely an NFL player but I'm thinking he's a 3rd-4th round guy. Too many GMs look at measurables (speed) instead of whether the guy can play football. It's dumb as hell. His lack of speed will keep him out of the first two rounds for sure.

I think that you're right. 3rd-5th. But, he's an excellent college WR. And isn't that what should matter to CFB fans? He would start for 95% of the college teams out there.

NFL success matters in recruiting and for message board pissing contests. ISU does not seem to struggle recruiting good WRs. Lazard will get his shot whether he runs a 4.45 or a 4.65. What he does with that shot is up to him. And it has absolutely nothing to do with a TE that played somewhere else.

• Winner
Reactions: The_Gent

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron