Game of Thrones Season 7

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Bran in the future, speaking to Dany: "You looked beautiful when the knight king killed your dragon."

Seriously, how worthless has Bran been this season? I do hope there is a ton of closure in the season finale that he was the one that informed Dany to get moving earlier to save Jon and the group. Also, that he told Benjen to arrive at the exact right time to get Jon out of there.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Seems without Martin's source material the show has turned back into generic action series mode. All the main characters get into trouble and are miraculously saved last second. No one important does anymore. The biggest death we've seen over the past two seasons is a dragon. Just seems like a completely different show now.

Would have been better to delay this season for a year and let Martin get another book out. Do a prequel spinoff to fill the year in between.

It's very possible this is a reason why GRRM hasn't finished his books. He may not know how to finish things to his satisfaction and be running into exactly the sort of problems the showrunners are. That being said the current writers are working off of an outline given by him. Characters aren't dying because 70 hours into the show there's only so many main characters left yet we still have 7 hours more to go. Some will likely survive to the end of the series and we need enough alive in season 8 to have meaningful deaths.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and Angie

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
The dragon named after Viserys would be the one to become a wight, wouldn't it.

Something tells me Cersei's gonna "IDGAF" the zombie plopped right down at her feet, and perhaps that's the straw that breaks the camel's back with Jaime.

And the Dragon named after Jon's real dad is still alive. I think that is pretty clear foreshadowing that Jon is going to ride Rhaegal.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's very possible this is a reason why GRRM hasn't finished his books. He may not know how to finish things to his satisfaction and be running into exactly the sort of problems the showrunners are. That being said the current writers are working off of an outline given by him. Characters aren't dying because 70 hours into the show there's only so many main characters left yet we still have 7 hours more to go. Some will likely survive to the end of the series and we need enough alive in season 8 to have meaningful deaths.

Actually 13 more hours. Season 8 episodes are set to be 2 hours long each.

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

I am sure we will have a lot of character deaths next season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Seems without Martin's source material the show has turned back into generic action series mode. All the main characters get into trouble and are miraculously saved last second. No one important does anymore. The biggest death we've seen over the past two seasons is a dragon. Just seems like a completely different show now.

Would have been better to delay this season for a year and let Martin get another book out. Do a prequel spinoff to fill the year in between.

I think you mean delay it a decade while Martin maybe gets another book out. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Angie

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
My take on the Arya/Sansa drama: they're both smart enough and savvy enough to know they're being played by LF. They're just playing along to see where he's going with it and once he reveals his full intentions they'll have him killed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don't know if that was lost at all - I felt like D&D were trying to bash the audience in the head with that fact over and over this episode.

Tyrion brings up the line of succession and Dany freaks out. But then Dany reminds Jon (and the audience for what seems to be the hundredth time) that her only children are the dragons.

If Dany gets the throne and if Drogon survives then he is the heir apparent. Just sayin'. ;)

Reactions: Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My take on the Arya/Sansa drama: they're both smart enough and savvy enough to know they're being played by LF. They're just playing along to see where he's going with it and once he reveals his full intentions they'll have him killed.

Probably in the end but right now I think Sansa's inner ruler ambition and Arya's vengeance lust is blinding them both. They are both awful people. Maybe redeemable individuals, maybe not.

Plus they have both now turned their back to Brienne, the only person who has their best interests in heart and mind.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Bran in the future, speaking to Dany: "You looked beautiful when the knight king killed your dragon."

Seriously, how worthless has Bran been this season? I do hope there is a ton of closure in the season finale that he was the one that informed Dany to get moving earlier to save Jon and the group. Also, that he told Benjen to arrive at the exact right time to get Jon out of there.

Well, there's really only one reason why Bran is even still alive - to let the world know of Jon's true parentage. That being said, the way Samwell is going (well, really, it's GIlly while Samwell is ignoring her), they're going to put it together while Bran tries to figure out how to communicate with people.

Ty4cy1104

Sep 1, 2012
Nevada, IA
Prediction for next episode... In the preview we see all of the characters meeting up to discuss working together against the Night King. Cersei will try and have the Mountain bust some heads here and this is where we have our "Clegane Bowl" as the Hound stops the Mountain so the others can get out of there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Probably in the end but right now I think Sansa's inner ruler ambition and Arya's vengeance lust is blinding them both. They are both awful people. Maybe redeemable individuals, maybe not.

Whoa, wait. How is Arya an awful person? And even Sansa for that matter. Arya's out to get everyone that wronged here and, sure, Sansa has kind of been an idiot but to this point I wouldn't say she has been and awful person. Now, if she goes through with the Brienne plan or something, she could be. Otherwise she's been dealt a **** hand and hasn't handled it well.

I'm subscribing to the theory, though, that Arya has killed LF and is now testing Sansa's loyalty. There also has to be a reason that Sansa sent Brienne away too and I'm not sure it's not because she has plan for Arya.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What happens to a wight if you take it to Kings Landing and winter hasn't arrived there yet?
Thorne took the severed hand of a wight in a jar, down to King's Landing, to show to the King. It was moving around a lot, but he kept getting put off and delayed in King's Landing and eventually decomposed before he showed it to anyone important, and nobody believed him. So, the answer is "it depends on how long it takes to get there." If they have one of those super-sonic ravens take them down there, it should still be moving plenty.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thorne took the severed hand of a wight in a jar, down to King's Landing, to show to the King. It was moving around a lot, but he kept getting put off and delayed in King's Landing and eventually decomposed before he showed it to anyone important, and nobody believed him. So, the answer is "it depends on how long it takes to get there." If they have one of those super-sonic ravens take them down there, it should still be moving plenty.

Maybe they need the Westeros equivalent of dry ice, maybe magic ice from the wall. ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron