Game of Thrones Season 7

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
So is the white walker dragon (need a better name than that) going to be able to breathe fire?

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm fully aware, I just don't care. I enjoy entertainment for what it is. Was it fast, sure, but who really gives a **** in the end.
That's totally fine if that's what you like. And like I said this season has been action packed and enjoyable. That doesn't mean that it is immune to poor storytelling.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm surprised Beric is still alive, especially considering his status in the books. I was sure he was a goner.
That's because those fireswords are so awesome so we need at least one! Also I feel like he will have an important role to play given his little speech to Jon

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
sub-buzz-17001-1503283804-2.png

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Who were the other dead guys besides Thoros? Red shirts?

Seems without Martin's source material the show has turned back into generic action series mode. All the main characters get into trouble and are miraculously saved last second. No one important does anymore. The biggest death we've seen over the past two seasons is a dragon. Just seems like a completely different show now.

Would have been better to delay this season for a year and let Martin get another book out. Do a prequel spinoff to fill the year in between.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Seems without Martin's source material the show has turned back into generic action series mode. All the main characters get into trouble and are miraculously saved last second. No one important does anymore. The biggest death we've seen over the past two seasons is a dragon. Just seems like a completely different show now.

Would have been better to delay this season for a year and let Martin get another book out. Do a prequel spinoff to fill the year in between.

Agreed, but at this point, Martin is useless. He's had 6 years to finish a book and can't. He will never finish the series IMO. I just hope someone else will be given the chance to finish the series when he dies, but I'm not holding my breathe.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
This season has definitely been exciting. I do feel like the speeding up of things has caused some sloppiness but as others have stated, with the amount of episodes left they need to speed things up. My big "huh?" Moment of the night was: how did all but one of the undead die (making it convenient for them to capture) when the white walker was killed?

Very excited for next week already!
Did you miss the part when the characters were openly dicussing this very point? They surmised the wights that died with the walker were either his followers, or the dead he had personally raised. It's a major plot point, especially later when one points out the way to kill the army is to kill the Night King.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

They have to have people we care about still alive to fight at the wall. That's why Thormond for sure was never going to die, he's the only wildling left on the show people know and since we know that's where the white walkers are headed, he will be the audiences avatar for that battle, which is sure to be a losing one.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Agreed, but at this point, Martin is useless. He's had 6 years to finish a book and can't. He will never finish the series IMO. I just hope someone else will be given the chance to finish the series when he dies, but I'm not holding my breathe.

I agree. Although I'm not crazy about the plot addlibbing I think we will end up with an ending that will be very similar to Martin's intentions, which will at least give us closure to the story. I personally think Martin's writer partner will have to finish the books after Martin's death.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The dragon named after Viserys would be the one to become a wight, wouldn't it.

Something tells me Cersei's gonna "IDGAF" the zombie plopped right down at her feet, and perhaps that's the straw that breaks the camel's back with Jaime.