Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Bristol is usually a good one to watch, so good night to pick. It's a very short track, so lots of erm, bumping and grinding. Watch for people pushing on the backs of cars going into corners to get them loose and up out of line. If someone has trouble, the short track means they are likely to go laps down/be caught by the leader and lapped. So fewer cars on the lead lap by the end.

Probably have lots of cautions and pit strategy (when to go in and get tires/fuel) will be key because track position will be important (the short track means you can quickly get caught by the leader and lapped). If you are up at the front, you don't want to come in and have everyone beyond you stay out longer and you end up back of the pack.

You'll hear "loose" - that means the back end of the car wants to step out and it's hard for them to run along the bottom. "Tight" means the front end doesn't want to turn down. Because the bottom is the place to be, you want a car that doesn't do either of those.

Final thing - I haven't been watching much this year but I believe this is one of the last races before the "playoffs" begin so you will have guys willing to do desperate things by the end to get a win. Hence, good Saturday night short track racing.

yes, the field is frozen during yellow (caution) or red (race stopped - rare). I don't even know how to explain what happens when you pit during caution. If pitting after the yellow came out, then yes, no passing on the track, but you can lose a spot on pit road if you are slow. Basically, how they come off pit road is how they'll be on the track then. Oh, and under caution, lead lap cars get to pit first, then lapped cars the next time around.
If you go to pit and the caution happens while you are there, it's a whole mess of things that can happen pending where the leader was at the time. So, yeah.

oh and I forgot about the stupid stage thing. They split the race into three stages now and you get points for winning/finishing top 10 so they'll fight for that too.

I started quoting these and you kept going. These posts have to get the @ChrisMWilliams seal of approval.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
House hunting update: Still not sold our home, but have someone coming tomorrow for a showing. On the home-finding front, we were very close to making an offer on a new house, but there was an issue that could not be fixed so we changed our minds. Have looked at a ton of houses so far.

Finally found a house that is perfect with everything we wanted and more, but my wife has some sort of issue with it (nothing that makes any logical sense), so we're back at square one. Starting to get frustrated with the whole process.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
House hunting update: Still not sold our home, but have someone coming tomorrow for a showing. On the home-finding front, we were very close to making an offer on a new house, but there was an issue that could not be fixed so we changed our minds. Have looked at a ton of houses so far.

Finally found a house that is perfect with everything we wanted and more, but my wife has some sort of issue with it (nothing that makes any logical sense), so we're back at square one. Starting to get frustrated with the whole process.

Build

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Unfortunately that means 9 months living in an apartment and a whole other set of issues. I told my wife I'm done looking. Sick of it. She either compromises on one of the ones we saw or we build.

Would be nice if you could find rental house and build.

The kids weighed the tomatoes taking up entire dining room table. 82 pounds. And a lot still on vines, guess I watered enough.

Reactions: CloneLawman and GTO

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Lol at the Tongamoa thread. People spend far too much time worrying about something that is completely out of their control

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Unfortunately that means 9 months living in an apartment and a whole other set of issues. I told my wife I'm done looking. Sick of it. She either compromises on one of the ones we saw or we build.
Ours was less than 6 months. Cut dirt in end of April/first may and moved in July 5th

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Live in your car and pay cash for the house.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

You be building that was her master plan all along ;). Nothing that 4000 sq. ft., a pool , and outdoor kitchen on the new stone patio won't cure:D.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Reactions: GTO
Status
Not open for further replies.