Tongamoa Watch

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
That's not true. He can play at at an FBS with a release from ISU. He can also play in FCS or below right away.

He's been cleared academically by ISU. If he's not cleared by the NCAA he cant play at ISU, another D1, FCS, D2 or D3 institution. His only option at that point would be NAIA or some level of pro football

• Disagree
Reactions: clonedude

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He's been cleared academically by ISU. If he's not cleared by the NCAA he cant play at ISU, another D1, FCS, D2 or D3 institution. His only option at that point would be NAIA or some level of pro football
If ISU cleared him it wouldn't make sense for the NCAA not to clear him. ISU surely knows the criteria for a kid to be eligible to go to school.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Why don't people take CMC and his entire staff at their word? Still surprised at the percentage of people who automatically start off from a negative position on all things...
How long have you been an Iowa State fan??? This has nothing to do with the 'word' of the coaching staff, it is not about the history of this not working out.... I hope it all works out, reasons like this are why CW wanted ISU nutcups for sale....

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why don't people take CMC and his entire staff at their word? Still surprised at the percentage of people who automatically start off from a negative position on all things...

Uhhh, because if he and the staff were right he would be here now.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Uhhh, because if he and the staff were right he would be here now.

You think the staff lied? You think they didn't say numerous times he would be a late arrival?

Gotta be hard to wake up every day thinking the worst about everything but many of you seem to be high functioning just the same.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
You think the staff lied? You think they didn't say numerous times he would be a late arrival?

Gotta be hard to wake up every day thinking the worst about everything but many of you seem to be high functioning just the same.

At first he was a mid year guy. Then it was June. Then July now August. I wouldn't say they lied, but they did jump the gun a little.

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
At this point even if he does come, he is very far behind as far as practice and knowing the system goes. How long will it be before he can crack the rotation?

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Feel bad for Tongamoa. This whole process has to be exhausting. Hope he gets cleared and is able to come to Iowa State. It will be what is best for him.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Good lord.

What did I say that was false? Nothing. I'm just happy that he is supposed to show up. We've seen plenty of situations like this not work out. I would expect him to be there this week and start getting into shape. If we see him before Akron or Texas, I'll be surprised and happy. Beats the alternative.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Good night. Of course they didn't lie. However they were wrong multiple times.

Now it sounds like he will be here and that is great news. Name me the last time this situation worked out. There is a big difference between being negative and playing the odds.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Good night. Of course they didn't lie. However they were wrong multiple times.

Now it sounds like he will be here and that is great news. Name me the last time this situation worked out. There is a big difference between being negative and playing the odds.

How do you feel you're playing the odds? Can you name one time CMC was wrong about a player coming into the program?

If by playing the odds you mean pointing to the crap that happened with CPR then you're playing the wrong game because he hasn't been here for a few years now.

Bust CMC's balls when he's steered us wrong or lied or misrepresented. I haven't seen nary a hint of that thus far.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
At this point even if he does come, he is very far behind as far as practice and knowing the system goes. How long will it be before he can crack the rotation?

Well, DT isn't exactly rocket science. Considering Park was able to get playing time by week two of last season, I wouldn't be shocked to see Tongamoa getting some reps if we can get some separation over the purple hawks.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

I don't get get it. How is it possible the NCAA is more stringent than ISU?

Also, the lower ncaa divisions have lower standards than D1/FBS.

• Dislike
Reactions: azhuth09

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
How do you feel you're playing the odds? Can you name one time CMC was wrong about a player coming into the program?

If by playing the odds you mean pointing to the crap that happened with CPR then you're playing the wrong game because he hasn't been here for a few years now.

Bust CMC's balls when he's steered us wrong or lied or misrepresented. I haven't seen nary a hint of that thus far.

I'm not busting his balls. I'd say NCAA wide the numbers of juco guys who show up 2 days before classes start is extremely low. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Frak

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron