Tongamoa Watch

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I heard an interesting thing from a source that has been wrong in the past more than he's been right involving Mr. Tongomoa. It's good and bad.

Tongomoa will be in Ames unless he just quits fball..he really cant go anywhere else..he's used a redshirt....two things:
1- He enrolled at ISU not eligible
2- he's eligible..

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
CMC apparently told people they expect him here by Wed at the latest. Do classes start the 28th this year? Probably isn't all that important to our season but we need something to stew about.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
CMC apparently told people they expect him here by Wed at the latest. Do classes start the 28th this year? Probably isn't all that important to our season but we need something to stew about.

Delayed flight, maybe. What if he's stranded at O'Hare right now subsisting on Chicago Dogs?

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Because the classes start on a date does not mean you have to be there for first day of the class.... I still need to see the kid here to believe it, but I feel more confident that we are looking at a late show-up rather than a no show....

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
CMC apparently told people they expect him here by Wed at the latest.

throne-of-lies.gif

No thanks, coach. I've already fallen for that story.

Reactions: Redman97

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Direct quote from a staff member per a source of mine (a good one)..."hes coming until he isn't coming".

I take that as not good.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
It seems the danger is he does not clear, in which case could we and would we still offer a scholarship?

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
It is incredibly rare today for an existing player to be ruled ineligible academically..With all the tutors and academic help they get those tutors and aids are in contact with professors and these kids, staff, and tutors know exactly what needs to be done etc..I can't even remember the last time i heard of an existing player who has been here a year being ruled academically ineligible.
If I recall correctly, didn't we have a few guys become ineligible for the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise? Just made for a miserable experience.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Tongomoa will be in Ames unless he just quits fball..he really cant go anywhere else..he's used a redshirt....two things:
1- He enrolled at ISU not eligible
2- he's eligible..

That's not true. He can play at at an FBS with a release from ISU. He can also play in FCS or below right away.

Is there actually a chance he's on the other side of the field for the opener? LOL

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yes. Both safeties Billups and Timmons. Nik Moser I believe was too with a couple others. Mac was NOT happy..

What guy put the wicked shot on Brock Forsey?

Instant ejection and suspension in today's game.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
What guy put the wicked shot on Brock Forsey?

Instant ejection and suspension in today's game.
Anthony Forrest did on their first play out in the flat if that's what you're thinking. Matt Word blew up an entire pile later in the game I remember but don't remember if that was Forsey or not.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
That's not true. He can play at at an FBS with a release from ISU. He can also play in FCS or below right away.

Is there actually a chance he's on the other side of the field for the opener? LOL

Dude...the odds of that are basically zero. Why would he

Dude..about zero percent change of either of those two things happening unless he is simply ineligible this year and ISU wants to cut him loose..

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Dude...the odds of that are basically zero. Why would he

Dude..about zero percent change of either of those two things happening unless he is simply ineligible this year and ISU wants to cut him loose..

Why don't people take CMC and his entire staff at their word? Still surprised at the percentage of people who automatically start off from a negative position on all things...