MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Wonder what Almora and Joe West were talking about. Can't really be mad about the call though. It was impossible to tell if he was tagged or not. I probably would have called him out too

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Cubs got Rene Rivera off waivers from the Mets. He was one of the backup catcher targets at the deadline. Does he take Caratini's place?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Cubs got Rene Rivera off waivers from the Mets. He was one of the backup catcher targets at the deadline. Does he take Caratini's place?

For like 12 days maybe, once rosters expand they can carry all three. Caratini has a lot of upside as a catcher. He's not going to be great defensively but if he can be solid behind the plate, his bat should be able to make him pretty valuable.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
For like 12 days maybe, once rosters expand they can carry all three. Caratini has a lot of upside as a catcher. He's not going to be great defensively but if he can be solid behind the plate, his bat should be able to make him pretty valuable.
Yeah I know September call ups are coming. Just seems that Joe is giving Caratini his fair share of work with Contrares out, and looking at this guys stats, I'm not sure who I'd keep up until Sept 1. My guess is Rivera as he has more experience, and sounds like he plays great D.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Yeah I know September call ups are coming. Just seems that Joe is giving Caratini his fair share of work with Contrares out, and looking at this guys stats, I'm not sure who I'd keep up until Sept 1. My guess is Rivera as he has more experience, and sounds like he plays great D.

I think the real concern is over Avila being able to handle the every day catching responsibilities more so than Caratini being able to handle back up duties. Avila came here expecting to get one, maybe two starst a week and pitch hit, and now they are asking him to start four-five times a week.

Any word on when Addison will be back? I thought I heard this weekend but that was last week and haven't seen anything else on him.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think the real concern is over Avila being able to handle the every day catching responsibilities more so than Caratini being able to handle back up duties. Avila came here expecting to get one, maybe two starst a week and pitch hit, and now they are asking him to start four-five times a week.

Any word on when Addison will be back? I thought I heard this weekend but that was last week and haven't seen anything else on him.

Last I heard, it sounded like it could be a few weeks before he is back.

Help Support Us

Become a patron