Visitor Section moves

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I was pleasantly surprised to see visiting teams are now only in the upper deck on the West side and a small section on the east side now it seems? Did anybody end up getting hurt by these changes at all?

• Disagree
Reactions: OBE4ISU

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised to see visiting teams are now only in the upper deck on the West side and a small section on the east side now it seems? Did anybody end up getting hurt by these changes at all?

Looks like those of us in the SE corner upper deck may have to look over the lower level visitor's section . . . and band! Boo.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Looks like those of us in the SE corner upper deck may have to look over the lower level visitor's section . . . and band! Boo.

Not looking forward to boomer sooner. I can hear it already.

Obligatory...

52db4e3fc214f1dcd14ad5b5227982ae.jpg

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames

Yes. My current seats in row 3 are now right next to the visitor's section...meaning all I will hear is Panther and Hawkeye fans and the bands...unless I pick my other seats which got moved from row 5 in the new visitors section to row 25 on the other side of the stadium.

A lose/lose for me...

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I switched sides from 27 to 2. Comparable seats, maybe better, but no idea who we'll be next to. I knew I didn't want to be anywhere near the visitors section...especially the band. If I go to a Cyclone game, I want to be around Cyclones.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Obligatory...

52db4e3fc214f1dcd14ad5b5227982ae.jpg

Two years ago, the OU band marched past our tailgate, so I asked the guy who was leading a question. "Are you guys going to play Boomer Sooner today?" He said, "No, we never play it on the road!"

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We've been in section 2 for years and get the band, pom squad, and now the home team on our side along with all the people they put on the jumbo trons during breaks. Plus move the visitors section, life is good. With the acoustics at Jack Trice, we don't really hear the visiting bands as much. Hope that doesn't change with the move to the east side.

CyNitrous

Jan 20, 2012
So wait... I bought tickets for Section 27, for the UNI game am I going to be surrounded by UNI people? I wasn't aware of this change until I heard it mentioned on one of the podcasts recently.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
So wait... I bought tickets for Section 27, for the UNI game am I going to be surrounded by UNI people? I wasn't aware of this change until I heard it mentioned on one of the podcasts recently.

Yep. This is why it's important that we beat the stuffing out of them so they're quiet.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
K-State's full band only travels to Ku. Ku sends theirs to MHK. Our pep band has been at TCU and Nebraska, when I traveled there on a couple occasions.

ISU's band visited several years ago. Nubs always brought theirs to MHK. aTm brought theirs once that I recall. The rest have been pep variety, if any.

A 400 member band costs a ton to travel, particularly if post season is involved for that school. $25,000 plus for tickets alone. Maybe $100,000 for overnight? Not a small number.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
The visitors' sections should have been decentralized a long time ago. Don't let them amass. Sitting in 27, the roar from that side would almost overtake ISU cheers. Maybe it was a ploy to sell steel-plated nutcups, but I'm all for this change even with the inconvenience of switching sections. I'd love to see it as one section in the nosebleeds.

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
So I am going to the game with a group of my friends that went to UNI. My buddies got tickets through UNI and a long time major donor to UNI. They were told that there didn't appear to be tickets at all in the lower level through UNI. Maybe they just weren't able to get them, or maybe the whole lower section will be band. Not sure.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
The visitors' sections should have been decentralized a long time ago. Don't let them amass. Sitting in 27, the roar from that side would almost overtake ISU cheers. Maybe it was a ploy to sell steel-plated nutcups, but I'm all for this change even with the inconvenience of switching sections. I'd love to see it as one section in the nosebleeds.

This is what I think too. They should not have a full section. They should have a strip of 10 rows along the top of a corner (or however many to give them the right number of seats) across multiple sections. Other schools already do something like this.