Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was reading up on a area celebration. Was eating breakfast at this place that lets certain people sign the walls One name seemed to stick out. While reading, i learned that that person has killed like 34 people.

• Informative
Reactions: wxman1 and NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Stopped at a sushi from a truck place. Asked self, who would buy sushi from a truck, left.
Weird. The lady in the office next to me just came in here (quite literally about a minute ago) and showed me the sushi she got from a truck. It actually looked pretty good. Sure, she's retiring next week and is probably looking for an excuse to be sick for her last week, but it did look pretty good.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Weird. The lady in the office next to me just came in here (quite literally about a minute ago) and showed me the sushi she got from a truck. It actually looked pretty good. Sure, she's retiring next week and is probably looking for an excuse to be sick for her last week, but it did look pretty good.
You guys walk around and show each other your lunch? You are government aren't you?

Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Was reading up on a area celebration. Was eating breakfast at this place that lets certain people sign the walls One name seemed to stick out. While reading, i learned that that person has killed like 34 people.
Are you eating breakfast in Wisconsin? That's totally normal there.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Decided to get lunch from a food truck today. Didn't fell like being healthy so I got spicy fried chicken. I'm pretty sure the food truck used to be Walter White's camper. I may be feeling pretty good for the next couple of hours.

I am the one who knocks.
Did the food truck happen to have a Los Pollos Hermanos logo anywhere on it...?

Now that's some spicy chicken!
o_O

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Wooster has a neat job ad out for a history professor that should just say "not you, Erik. Not you."
My general area, but they prefer concentrations that I didn't specialize in.
50GzS7DW6t4D2B2a6b2bcKeSzik=.gif

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Internet question, at my apartment we get free really bad internet so we upgraded it and it still really bad. Is it our router the problem or is my internet provider just bad?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Internet question, at my apartment we get free really bad internet so we upgraded it and it still really bad. Is it our router the problem or is my internet provider just bad?

Is there someone using wifi to game online? We had an issue that at certain times of night our internet would die, but there wasn't anything 'wrong'. I don't remember the technical terms, but essentially the online gaming ate up all of the band traffic.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Does the house have multiple cable outlets? If so the cable comes in at one point and then goes into a splitter that should boost the signal with multiple cables leaving that box to go to different rooms. The cable should split before the box with one cable going to the box and the other going to the router. If the router goes through the splitter the signal gets all bogged down trying to find the path out. ( in simplest terms)

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Microwave popcorn has been around for an awful long time and yet people still can't seem to make it. They just stick it in the microwave and walk out of the room letting it just burn and stink up the whole building.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Think I lost one kid in youth football. Didn't even allow any popping tonight. Kid got foiled by.............the helmet. Helmets are tight and not easy to get off if not sweaty. Kid was scared of the tightness of how the helmets come off, he's too scared to put the helmet on now. I think as a joke the other coaches had the kid ask me, knowing I'd be the least sympathetic to him.
Glad to hear that you are making sure that the kids' helmets are fitting correctly. I get so sick of watching games in college or pros and guys take off or put on their helmets with one hand without even appearing to mess up the hair on the sides of the head. It is no wonder there are so many lids popping off after big hits. Many are literally only held on by the chin strap.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Glad to hear that you are making sure that the kids' helmets are fitting correctly. I get so sick of watching games in college or pros and guys take off or put on their helmets with one hand without even appearing to mess up the hair on the sides of the head. It is no wonder there are so many lids popping off after big hits. Many are literally only held on by the chin strap.
And then there is Peyton Manning.
tumblr_mbkuam4aij1qm9rypo1_500.jpg

Reactions: wxman1

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Relay Iowa sent out a survey this morning. I love to fill it out, because it's an excellent event and they take suggestions sincerely.

They asked for ways to improve the packet they give to teams, termed the "survival guide," which talks about the meals provided, the routes, the pit stops, and all that.
I suggested, as odd as it would sound (and admitted as much) that it might help to include a mention about the importance of planning your relay experience to include the provided meals, since I was part of a team this year that didn't acknowledge this, and planned my part of the team out of the good meals in Ida Grove and Ellsworth.

It was an odd suggestion to type, but I figured it might carry more weight with folks like the morons I teamed with to hear it from the Relay. Anything that might get a team to eat properly during the event, instead of the mealless approach my group tried and failed with.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah
Status
Not open for further replies.