SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Nothing to contribute. I sleep in more days than not. :cool:

th

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
Flat tire on my bike would set me back a while.

Why anyone in Denver takes I-25 to work is a mystery to me. I cross over at Franklin on my bike with a huge amount of smug satisfaction every time.

Reactions: Angie

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Today has been a **** show.

Started at 4 AM with the dog getting sick. So cleaned up vomit for 2 hours. He continued to get sick, so had to take him to the vet....$265 later we find out he has pancreatitis which can kill him. 2nd time he's gotten this in 2 months and 4th time in 3 years. Getting old how much we have to spend on it.

6 week old is fussy/3 year old is whining/wife is stressed/work is insanely busy.....

#fun.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Started at 4 AM with the dog getting sick. So cleaned up vomit for 2 hours. He continued to get sick, so had to take him to the vet....$265 later we find out he has pancreatitis which can kill him. 2nd time he's gotten this in 2 months and 4th time in 3 years. Getting old how much we have to spend on it.

6 week old is fussy/3 year old is whining/wife is stressed/work is insanely busy.....

#fun.

Brother, I feel for you. Might want to reach for the Black Velvet when you get home tonight.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Brother, I feel for you. Might want to reach for the Black Velvet when you get home tonight.

I work from home.....but behaving for another couple hours then yes it'll be drink time.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When I go downstairs and find all the lights on and a counter full of dirty dishes from the kids' sleepover the previous night... like this morning... and most mornings this summer during the Summer of Sleepover.

It's always better to have the kids at your house, then you have a better idea of what's going on.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Getting all the way to work and realizing you left your laptop and briefcase on the counter at home..

I have definitely not done this...................twice.

Thankfully, husband leaves ~30 minutes after I do and can take a slightly longer route to work that meets me halfway.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

#fun.

you guys need a hug, a drink, and a grandma for a couple days.

Reactions: mj4cy

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Being unable to find my wallet or car keys suuuuuuucccckkkkks.

Also, stepping barefooted in cat puke is not as funny as it sounds. Not only do you get the warm squishy sensation between your toes, but you now have to clean vomit off your foot and the carpet (which you unknowingly ground deeper into the carpet fibers)

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I wake up at 8:40, just enough time to shower, get dressed and drive to work at 9. Garbage day is what gets me, especially when you fill up a full trash bag of diapers every week. Many times had to leave work to get it out by 11 when they usually come. Many times forgot to get it out at all.

Garbage and meetings scheduled before 9.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
waking up and realizing no, no it's not a Saturday. But it is tomorrow!
Waking up to your 6.15a alarm :eek: that you forgot to turn off because you woke up early on Friday:confused: and were downstairs taking a shower when it went off:rolleyes: so you didn't shut it off :oops: and realizing NOOOOOOOO...it's Saturday and I'm wide awake now!!!:mad:
WAS able to go back to sleep though.:cool:

• Optimistic
  • Funny
Reactions: jsb and cowgirl836

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Waking up at 4 AM and hearing the sound of the sump pump running but also a slightly muddy odor and realizing, yes it's running, but no, it isn't pumping. Dreading going to the basement to find last night's 4" rainfall has managed to flood your basement. Panic on what to do first. Then sad realization it's not going to make much difference.

Had that one time and one time coming home from a long weekend and walked into the house from the garage and smelled 'that smell'. It had rained over the weekend and pump system had failed or the electricity had gone off during the storm.

Thankfully I don't live in that house anymore.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Alarm doesn't go off and you wake up an hour+ late
Forgetting my badge, wallet, phone, breakfast and lunch, and/or (if I teleworked the day before) my computer
I-696 is a parking lot (which means 12 Mile Road will be just as bad)
One of the gates is closed (worse if it's Mound Road gate that's closed)
Only one of the three lanes at the gate is open (and it's usually because "it's too cold out" for the guards to do their job
If I'm teleworking on Monday:
I left my computer at work on Thursday/Friday, which means I have to drive to the office and decide whether I'm just going to stay for the day or grab the computer and return home and defeat the purpose of teleworking in the first place
My POS work computer refuses to connect to our home internet (when all the other devices in the house are connected and working)
My POS work computer refuses to connect to the work network