Friday OT #1 - Your "Oh ****" Day-Starters

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm starting the Friday OT stuff off late this morning because I've just had a day already. Our name badges get us into our secure building, our software, etc., and the little clip part of mine had broken last week. I'd taped it together, but apparently it fell off in the course of the morning routine. I'd been to daycare to drop off our youngest, to my allergist for shots, had met our oldest's Girl Scout troop leader at a parking lot to get her vest and patches for the next year, etc., etc. I didn't notice that the badge had fallen off until I got to work and couldn't get in... so I had to retrace my steps at each of those locations. Put me way behind the 8 ball.

My name badge is a huge part of my day starting off right. Our kids fighting getting dressed is another one. What are some of those things where, if they don't go right, your day just starts off s***ty?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Should just get a chip implanted instead. :( Just because the technology exists I don't get desire for all of these companies to demand it for everything. It's not like they are that hard to replicate or defeat.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
When all the kids were still home and in school, it was getting everyone through our two bathrooms for school. The little kids would take a bath the night before, older kids shower in the morning. Being all boys, they didn't dawdle much when in there, but everyone wanted the last shower so they could sleep longer.

Also was foiled with this method when one of the little kids woke up kind of late and discovered that the cat, who liked to sleep on top of his head at night, had hocked up in his hair so he needed in the shower rotation.

Reactions: Angie

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Oh **** I'm out of K-Cups.
Oh ****, traffic on I-25 is completely stopped.
Oh ****, I already have 20 emails.

If I go on I-25 any more I strap both kids in the back just so I can use the HOV lane. I recommend borrowing someone's kids if you don't have your own, I guess.

Reactions: cyclonesurveyor

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Traffic on the way into work. I live in DSM and don't even have to get on 235 or 80/35 on my way to work, but if you are in front of me and not driving at 3-7 mph over the speed limit and using your turn signals, I will hate you for an hour or more.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If I go on I-25 any more I strap both kids in the back just so I can use the HOV lane. I recommend borrowing someone's kids if you don't have your own, I guess.

I got it covered.
bbci-hov-mannequin30103.jpg

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Now that the kids are grown up, things aren't so bad. But when they were little, you really had to keep an eye on the two year old. We would get her dressed for daycare, and a couple minutes later, she'd be completely naked again.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: Angie and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
People. I am actually a morning person (and a late night person, so I don't get a ton of sleep), but I do not want to talk to anyone for the first hour or so. There are days where I have a parade of people that stream into my office between 7 and 8, and it just kills me.

Subtle humblebrag on the office and people reporting to you. Nice job on that;). :p

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
It's not a regular occurrence, but today just so happened to be an "oh ****" morning.

Getting ready to sell my truck, so I'd been cleaning it out last night. Didn't get it all done and kind of forgot about it until I went out this morning. No problem, it's a nice day and a Friday to boot, so I'll take the Corvette in to work. Just have to move the kiddo's car seat from truck to Vette - but for some reason, it got hung up in the truck and refused to get properly secured in the Vette.

Finally got it in, fired up the engine, and "low tire pressure" warning comes on - 22 PSI - yep, that be low. No problem, I'll stop at the gas station and air them up on the way in. Head to the gas station, come around a corner, and...train at the crossing. Stopped. Goody.

Finally get to the gas station - won't accept my filthy money. More goody.

By this time, traffic has picked up, so my "fun" ride in has become a nightmare (driving a manual in the hills alongside jerks who think they need to squeeze in between you and the guy in front of you when everybody around is going 25 MPH)...

Saving grace is that I'm beyond caught up at work and my boss doesn't get in until 8 (I finally got in around 7:30).

Reactions: oldman and Angie

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I've come outside to a completely flat tire on my vehicle about five times over the course of the past three years.

It's quite deflating.

This one sucks, I've had it happen to me. not that often though. It's usually when I'm trying to run that last 2/32 of good off my tires.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Forgetting laptop at home.
Forgetting that I needed to stop and get gas, thus running behind schedule to work.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I had a work meeting last Friday where it was pretty important that I be there for various reasons. I sat around waiting to give myself just enough time to get there a few minutes early, jump in my car, and the battery is dead. Somehow, after letting it sit for a few minutes and trying again, I had just enough juice to turn it over, but it was one of the more stressful few minutes Ive had in awhile.

Reactions: Angie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron