Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Omaha/KC folks. CBS weather guy just had a broadcast about the eclipse and cloud cover. Grand island and most of nebby will be covered. St joes will be also. NE of KC, the town, will be bad also. Head Nw cooler is what he said.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Omaha/KC folks. CBS weather guy just had a broadcast about the eclipse and cloud cover. Grand island and most of nebby will be covered. St joes will be also. NE of KC, the town, will be bad also. Head Nw cooler is what he said.
We'll have clear skies every day but Monday. My plan was to get up early on Monday and check the weather and go from there. The problem is it takes so long to get to western Ne. I have marked my atlas with areas and I will have to mark down the times as well. It's hard enough that NASA has the times in UTC but we also switch time zones at some point going west across the state
Going southeast into Missouri might be easier.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's crazy how many people put "how to" videos onto Youtube that are worthless. Then you get ones that try to make a production out of it and it takes them 10 minutes to get to the point or others that go off on tangents in the middle.
Just tell me what to do !!!!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Looking good for son and friends already camping in Wyoming.
I can get a room in Spearfish SD. Then it's about a 2 hour drive to get into the path on 85 on the Wyoming / Nebraska border. I could drive out Sunday and then back on Monday. If I'm going up that way I would rather ride my bike but I would probably have to drive the car hauling the camera, tripod, chair food & water.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
My plan for the eclipse was just walking outside with the glasses. Trying to build up my PTO bucket, so I can't really take off. Hopefully the weather people are wrong :)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well, I booked a room in Spearfish. I can always cancel and it was a regular price not the jacked up prices that are right along the main path.
Marriott.JPG

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Foiled at biking again. Went to a bike trail to ride and when I pulled into the trail head the world started to spin, started to sweat like a waterfall, felt like I was going to puke. The spinning world thing lasted for about 3-5 minutes, but the rest lasted for about an hour. I was scared to try biking in case that spinning world part started again, that wouldn't have been good.

Definitely check with a doctor.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Decided to get lunch from a food truck today. Didn't fell like being healthy so I got spicy fried chicken. I'm pretty sure the food truck used to be Walter White's camper. I may be feeling pretty good for the next couple of hours.

I am the one who knocks.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Foiled at biking again. Went to a bike trail to ride and when I pulled into the trail head the world started to spin, started to sweat like a waterfall, felt like I was going to puke. The spinning world thing lasted for about 3-5 minutes, but the rest lasted for about an hour. I was scared to try biking in case that spinning world part started again, that wouldn't have been good.
Did you also have some weird visions? Did you seem to lose track of time? You could have been temporarily abducted by aliens.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Decided to get lunch from a food truck today. Didn't fell like being healthy so I got spicy fried chicken. I'm pretty sure the food truck used to be Walter White's camper. I may be feeling pretty good for the next couple of hours.

I am the one who knocks.
Wow. That chicken was pretty spicy. I guess I'll do without the Sudafed this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.