WWE SummerSlam (2017)/NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Rollins and ambrose coming together I'd cool, yet ****** at the same time. Cool they areally together. But they are both better as singles competitors and tag team is already so stacked with teams getting screwed liked gallows and anderson

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rollins and ambrose coming together I'd cool, yet ****** at the same time. Cool they areally together. But they are both better as singles competitors and tag team is already so stacked with teams getting screwed liked gallows and anderson

I was about to say "stacked with whom?" before I finished reading the end of the sentence.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I didn't watch SDL last night. I didn't miss much - except what happened in the main event between Mahal and Cena:

Cena has Mahal all but beat when out comes Corbin. He attacks Cena, getting the match thrown out. Walks partly back up the ramp when he realizes Mahal is broken down in the ring, decides to cash in MITB. Right as the bell rings, Cena hops up on the apron to distract Corbin. When Corbin turns to hit Cena, Mahal rolls up Corbin to retain the title.

What the...

So instead of using MITB as the WWE Championship plot device it was intended to be, they used it to "strengthen" (for a lack of better words) the Corbin-Cena feud - a feud that everyone already knows Corbin is going to be fed to the part-timer getting ready to moonlight on Raw for a few weeks before he disappears again to do god knows what.

Look, virtually nobody thinks it's a great idea to have Corbin be WWE Champ, but there are better ways of taking MITB off Corbin and make everyone, including Corbin, better off in the process. Like, at SummerSlam. After Nakamura wins a hard fought match to win the WWE title, Corbin comes out and cashes in. Corbin hits End of Days, but inexplicably Nakamura kicks out. Corbin loses his ****, to the point where he gets himself DQed. With this you protect Nakamura and his championship, the mystique of MITB, and you've given yourself multiple avenues of turning Corbin into an absolute monster (I mean, come on - in that moment beating the tar out of Nakamura as punishment for kicking out of End of Days became more important than his cashing in MITB or winning the title - imagine what you could do with that for weeks, if not months, afterwards?). Instead, Vince logic - feeding the part-time Cena was more important.

I will say this - after having a man win the first ever Women's MITB match, then the cluster they did last night - this crew of SDL writers should never be trusted with MITB ever again. And only 6 months ago SDL was consistently so much better than Raw...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Decided to turn on GFW Impact tonight because I've heard rumors that John Morrison is going to debut, perhaps as soon as tonight. Get a Taryn Terrell return, and she's in her Dollhouse role and outfit. Not bad.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Decided to turn on GFW Impact tonight because I've heard rumors that John Morrison is going to debut, perhaps as soon as tonight. Get a Taryn Terrell return, and she's in her Dollhouse role and outfit. Not bad.

What channel is that on?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

We have a local KC promotion called NWL that's on Saturday nights. It started as a KC vs StL league, but I think that NWL StL folded. The production is good and I definitely like some of the characters. The champ is from Denver and wears Broncos stuff, which drives KC people crazy. They have a wine snob named Niles Plonk that is really funny and a Native American named Red Cloud who is probably my favorite.

I think it's worth at least checking out.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
We have a local KC promotion called NWL that's on Saturday nights. It started as a KC vs StL league, but I think that NWL StL folded. The production is good and I definitely like some of the characters. The champ is from Denver and wears Broncos stuff, which drives KC people crazy. They have a wine snob named Niles Plonk that is really funny and a Native American named Red Cloud who is probably my favorite.

I think it's worth at least checking out.

I would agree. The problem for me is I'd have to hop on a flight from Detroit to KC (or spend all day driving there) for that show, and, as much as I'd enjoy it, dropping several hundreds of dollars on something like that isn't feasible in my life right now.

Plus, Takeover: Brooklyn III is tomorrow night, and you know it's going to steal the weekend. It always does.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I would agree. The problem for me is I'd have to hop on a flight from Detroit to KC (or spend all day driving there) for that show, and, as much as I'd enjoy it, dropping several hundreds of dollars on something like that isn't feasible in my life right now.

Plus, Takeover: Brooklyn III is tomorrow night, and you know it's going to steal the weekend. It always does.

While I would love to show you around KC, I actually meant to check it out online.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Central Iowa has an all star promotion, Pro Wrestling Revolver. The Former Solomon Crowe, Sami Callihan, runs and books the promotion.

The next show is Oct 29th, called Tales from the Ring
A 5 Team ladder match that includes Joey Ryan/Candice LeRae aka World's Cutest Tag Team involved to crown the first Revolver Tag Team Champions.
Ricochet vs Jason Cade
Brian Cage vs Davey Richards
Dave Crist vs Jessica Havok
Jordan Palmer defending the Open Scramble Championship, he's making this truely open by calling out everyone and anyone so hopefully we'll see guys like James Jefferies and Ryan Slade from Impact Pro Wrestling (No relation to GFW/TNA, just another Des Moines promotion) get a shot on a big platform
Also a CZW sanctioned Ultra violence match, you might wanna leave the kids at home. Because this'll be pretty violent as CZW is the spiritual continuation of ECW

Also booked will be guys like Tessa Blanchard, Sami Callihan, Jake Crist. They're TBA for matches but It's likely that Tessa might be in the Open Scramble.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So this many be nothing at all considering the guy I saw it from said he didn't exactly trust the source, but Rusev may have requested his release. He's someone I think would either kill it or drop of the radar right away on the indies

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So this many be nothing at all considering the guy I saw it from said he didn't exactly trust the source, but Rusev may have requested his release. He's someone I think would either kill it or drop of the radar right away on the indies

Possible; I get why he would because he's been booked really badly since he was buried by Cena 2 years ago, but would he leave if Lana isn't going anywhere?

Also, TakeOver: Brooklyn III is starting.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Almas beats Gargano after Zolita Vega (Thea Trinidad) threw something over Gargano's head, then Almas hit him with his armtrap flowing DDT.