Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Do you have kids in three different schools now with a ninth grader? Had that for years. Ugh.:( Since the youngest hit high school, at least just for school (but not conflicting activities), I am off of taxi duty with kids in one school and one old enough to drive them. Maybe yours just take the bus? It was a mile walk to catch a bus here. Mine are both in marching band so they can get there at 7:00 a.m. on their own.

We are at 3 schools, in 2 years we will be in 4 different schools. Luckily all the schools are within blocks of each other. The bus stops right across from our house, so everyone takes the bus. Except the 9th grader will have lifting or practice at 6:30a or earlier 2-3 days a week during volleyball. Marching band is during the school day. There are quite a few classmates who either have their school permit or have an older sibling in school with them. We are the taxi for her for at least another 5 months.

Reactions: carvers4math

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We are at 3 schools, in 2 years we will be in 4 different schools. Luckily all the schools are within blocks of each other. The bus stops right across from our house, so everyone takes the bus. Except the 9th grader will have lifting or practice at 6:30a or earlier 2-3 days a week during volleyball. Marching band is during the school day. There are quite a few classmates who either have their school permit or have an older sibling in school with them. We are the taxi for her for at least another 5 months.
I'm fairly sure Carvers will agree - having the oldest get his/her license can be a blessing AND a curse. It got me out of the oh-dark-ugly weigh-ins for wrestling, but there were many times when a brother would be moving slowly (often to piss off older brother) and older brother would take the bait. I had to mediate plenty of arguments over the phone from work (this was in pre-cell phone days).

• Agree

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
There was something on the morning news today about Gen E, basically the generation that has spent their entire lives attached to cell phones. They are not having sex until they are older but also appear to have no interest in getting their driver's license until they are at least 18. I suppose hard to do either one with a phone in your hand?:confused: Thankfully my kids wanted their licenses as soon as possible. And husband's facts of life talks probably means we'll never have grandkids.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There was something on the morning news today about Gen E, basically the generation that has spent their entire lives attached to cell phones. They are not having sex until they are older but also appear to have no interest in getting their driver's license until they are at least 18. I suppose hard to do either one with a phone in your hand?:confused: Thankfully my kids wanted their licenses as soon as possible. And husband's facts of life talks probably means we'll never have grandkids.
For a teenage boy (or male in general) ain't nothing that your holding preventing sex. With all the selfies, figure it's just be a NSFW type photo. I do agree with the drivers license for many, but not my kids.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
You guys need to do a better job of keeping me entertained
Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I didn't get my license until 18. Drivers Ed was like, $300 bucks and my mom wasn't poor so we couldn't afford it. Just drove illegally until then.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron