Tongamoa Watch

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
And as I recall there was a pretty heated QB battle that year between Tiller/Jantz/Barnett. Some were considering Tiller to be the clubhouse leader then suddenly was ruled academically ineligible. Then Steele Jantz rose from the ashes.
I don't remember Barnett being part of the picture that year, but I might be wrong. Maybe as a darkhorse. He was only a RS Fr that year

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Honk if Tong is here.Start the celebration at Hickory Park. We need him. He tackles people.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Honk if Tong is here.Start the celebration at Hickory Park. We need him. He tackles people.
Cisco used to have the thong song. Can we get the tong song? "let me see that tong" wait... Sounds dirty nvm.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
And as I recall there was a pretty heated QB battle that year between Tiller/Jantz/Barnett. Some were considering Tiller to be the clubhouse leader then suddenly was ruled academically ineligible. Then Steele Jantz rose from the ashes.

"Rose from the ashes... to repeatedly crash and burn."

j/k love you Steele <3

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Played his best game verses Baylor. Haven't beaten them since.

Is this Steele Jantz or the lead singer of a Guns 'N' Roses cover band...?

steele.jpg

Answer -- doesn't matter. Lock up your wives and daughters either way.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
I don't remember Barnett being part of the picture that year, but I might be wrong. Maybe as a darkhorse. He was only a RS Fr that year

You are right. I think Tiller was the incumbent having filled in for Arnaud when he was injured the year before. Mostly just a battle between Jantz/Tiller then Jantz won by default.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

You are right. I think Tiller was the incumbent having filled in for Arnaud when he was injured the year before. Mostly just a battle between Jantz/Tiller then Jantz won by default.

In 2011 Jantz started the year at QB, but Barnett (a RSFr) supplanted him as a starter the last few games.

In 2012 Jantz started the year at QB again, then got supplanted by Barnett (again), who then got beat out by a young Sam B Richardson.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Did someone give him driving directions to Ames? He could be lost in des Moines or something or drove to Iowa City by mistake.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Ahtyba Rubin2.0
Switched from offense to defense late (wasn't he late to fall camp too?), then played in final 9 games as a Jr (believed he started all, too).
Then started & played all 12 his Sr season.
Drafted & still in NFL.
I'm expecting the same here with K-T. No worries.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Guys with qualifying concerns, transfers, or late additions were:

Garrett Owens- transfer
Matt Leo- transfer
Ray Lima- transfer
Reggie Wilkerson- transfer
O'Rien Vance-qualifying concern
Tarique Milton- qualifying concern
Josh Knipfel- transfer/late addition
Johnnie Lang- late addition.

Just trying to be greedy and narrow it down a little.

I'd add:

SpokaneCY - bad grades, slow and fat. Late arrival, early departure and always try and take a long lunch.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron