My 2 cents on the U.N.I. game.....

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm still hoping for 3-0 in the non con, but I don't expect any of them to be by a lot.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
We are going to thump UNI harder than we ever have before(I don't actually know what the largest margin of victory has been here).

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
~A tired rant but again, in 2017--ISU FB has only SIX home games.....wtf? The team to the East has their normal SEVEN, KU has SEVEN.. Frustrating as h#ll

Why do we have to travel to places like Akron, when Iowa would never agree to that? They're too arrogant. They spend the money to bring a dog into Kinnick non-conference.

I'm not sure our recruiting wouldn't be bolstered that much in Ohio more than it is. Our scheduling stinks

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
~A tired rant but again, in 2017--ISU FB has only SIX home games.....wtf? The team to the East has their normal SEVEN, KU has SEVEN.. Frustrating as h#ll

Why do we have to travel to places like Akron, when Iowa would never agree to that? They're too arrogant. They spend the money to bring a dog into Kinnick non-conference.

I'm not sure our recruiting wouldn't be bolstered that much in Ohio more than it is. Our scheduling stinks
I agree I would love to have Akron at home, but it's a nice first little road test for the inexperienced players. Other than that, we have a pretty favorable schedule this year.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
We are going into this contest with offense and defensive lines owning nearly the same amount of game experience as the linemen we put on the field last year. Our play in the first two games last season resembled a couple of Chinese fire drills. UNI on the other hand returns several starting linemen on both sides of the ball in addition to two full time starters from 2015 that sat out during 2016.

Our heavies this season, though with limited experience playing together, are familiar with and benefit from practicing in system which I believe allows us to prevail. Though it would be nice, I'm still hesitant to enter all this blow-out talk.

UNI had a ton of turnover on the coaching staff, we did not. That probably has as large an impact as player turnover.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

Believe that we get a 3 year run of having 7 home games starting in 2018...
2018 - 5 Big 12, South Dakota State, Akron
2019 - 4 Big 12, UNI, Iowa, UL-Monroe
2020 - 5 Big 12, South Dakota, UNLV

Back to the 6-7 rotation though starting 2021...

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Last year the line didn't play great, but I don't think they cost us the game. If we don't turn the ball over 3 of the last 4 drives we walk out with the 'w'

I'll take the clones by 14

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Do cyclone fans travel well? Is there a lot of support on the road?
You'll find that we travel inexplicably well given our football track record. Our basketball travels great as well, but that at least has some success attached to it.

Reactions: Jjflm62

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Last year the line didn't play great, but I don't think they cost us the game. If we don't turn the ball over 3 of the last 4 drives we walk out with the 'w'

I'll take the clones by 14

Unless we have a bunch of head scratching turnovers like last year I just don't see how UNI can score enough points this year. I also like the good guys by a minimum of 14.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron