MLB: stormchaser2014's 2016 Brewers Thread

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Brewers have a really tough road trip coming up. Going to really prove what kind of team they are.
I have no idea how we will fare - but I'm just glad we aren't playing the Twins again. For some reason, we have not had much success against them over the past few years. I am not too optimistic for the 1st game against the Rox - I'm not a big Garza fan & he, historically, has had difficulty beating Colorado. I hope our offense continues to shine - I suspect we will need it in the high altitude!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'll take the series win over DC! Almost got the sweep - but at least Atlanta finally won against the Cubbies. Next up, the Reds. Gotta make sure we keep it rollin'!

• Optimistic
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Optim.png
Darn right WDSM! But it's not unwarranted optimism - We just won series over the leaders of the NLE and NLW divisions. Our pitching has been outstanding (knock on wood) and, offensively, we just have to make sure we are consistently producing with RISP.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
So the Cubs pretty much won last night then. Good news!
Hope I'm not reading too much into the order of these posts. A) Stormchaser obviously upset about losing Jimmy Nelson for the season and B) you posting right after that with a "good news" comment. Saying/implying that about a player who is lost for the season would be classless, imo. For as much as I hate the Cardinals, for example, I'm never going to call an injury to someone like Yadi "good news." If I somehow misread / misunderstood your post - then I apologize, if not- smh.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Hope I'm not reading too much into the order of these posts. A) Stormchaser obviously upset about losing Jimmy Nelson for the season and B) you posting right after that with a "good news" comment. Saying/implying that about a player who is lost for the season would be classless, imo. For as much as I hate the Cardinals, for example, I'm never going to call an injury to someone like Yadi "good news." If I somehow misread / misunderstood your post - then I apologize, if not- smh.
When I'm legit worried about the Brewers winning this Division, it's good news. Maybe that sounds bad, but I don't really care. I'll take every advantage I can. I'm sure you were happy you didn't have to face Arrieta today...

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
When I'm legit worried about the Brewers winning this Division, it's good news. Maybe that sounds bad, but I don't really care. I'll take every advantage I can. I'm sure you were happy you didn't have to face Arrieta today...
I wasn't rejoicing over JA's injury & it sounds like he won't miss the entire season. It helped us today, but you don't know if that would have turned today's game into a W for the Cubbies (Chase Anderson has been quite dominant this year - only one hit off him thru 5 today). I get your point about wanting an advantage - but to exclaim "good news" over a season-ending injury is, in my opinion, not very "sportsmanlike." I don't dislike you - and at the end of the day, we are both Clone fans - but just don't agree with the comment you made.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I wasn't rejoicing over JA's injury & it sounds like he won't miss the entire season. It helped us today, but you don't know if that would have turned today's game into a W for the Cubbies (Chase Anderson has been quite dominant this year - only one hit off him thru 5 today). I get your point about wanting an advantage - but to exclaim "good news" over a season-ending injury is, in my opinion, not very "sportsmanlike." I don't dislike you - and at the end of the day, we are both Clone fans - but just don't agree with the comment you made.
I don't take it back, sorry. As a Cubs fan, it's good news. I don't pray for injuries, but they are part of the game.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
You guys better keep up. Our next 6 of 9 are against the Cintucky Reds, the other three are against the falling apart SCRubs locker room. Don't be surprised if we lead this thing after 10 games.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CloneinWDSM