Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
One guy that started (Jaleel Johnson).

We also lost our top reserve DT that played really well last year in Faith Ekakitie.

So lose those 2 and add Epenesa and a healthy Bazata who was playing injured the last half of the season in 2016 and our DL is in fine shape.

It would have been awesome to have Drew Ott last year.

• Agree
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Aug 26, 2014
Funny how someone can be so wrong most of time in the past, but yet still be fully confident of their predictions in the future.
I was wrong about one day last year. It took longer than I thought to implement CMC's culture. The game is usually close, but we wore horrible to start the season. We will be light years ahead of that this year

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
You guys are really good to miss him.

This is more like it.

stellacover1_21kb.jpg

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Iowa is building toward 8 players on the DL. Right now they will have Hesse, Nelson, Nelson, AJ, Bazata, Latimore, Jansen, and Reiff.

The DL isn’t going to be an issue, the front 7 won’t be an issue.
Looks like a few experienced guys with some inexperience as well.

Looks like it could be the first time in several years without a 6'4 310 lb road block in the middle.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Looks like a few experienced guys with some inexperience as well.

Looks like it could be the first time in several years without a 6'4 310 lb road block in the middle.

Matt Nelson (6'8", 285 lbs) took snaps exclusively at DT during the open practice last Saturday.

It will be interesting to see how that works out as that is tall for the prototypical DT.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Matt Nelson (6'8", 285 lbs) took snaps exclusively at DT during the open practice last Saturday.

It will be interesting to see how that works out as that is tall for the prototypical DT.

Latimore is that guy. He was 6'5 295 lbs in he Spring. I'm sure he is up over 300 lbs now.

I am familiar with Anthony Nelson (for obvious reasons) and Parker Hesse (wife is from the same area as him).

I also have an interesting Nathan Bazata story. I lived in central Nebraska for a year and a half and some younger guys from out that way threw against Nathan in the shot/discus at state track. They couldn't believe he was a Big 10 football player let alone how effective he has been. (Keep in mind they think anyone from Nebraska that Nebraska doesn't offer is garbage).

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Iowa is building toward 8 players on the DL. Right now they will have Hesse, Nelson, Nelson, AJ, Bazata, Latimore, Jansen, and Reiff.

The DL isn’t going to be an issue, the front 7 won’t be an issue.

Don't forget Epenesa. He will be in the mix for sure.