Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is it odd that the only building to collapse from the storm last week was the building houses all the wood for the local lumberyard? Maybe they should have used some of their own product?

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My 24 year old son just had a discussion with me about how much it bothers him that our society seems to not know it's own history. He realized how "old" he is when he has an intern working for him who doesn't remember 9/11. And when he found out there were Holocaust deniers he was all WTF? When I told him when I was in school, they taught that the Civil War was all about states rights and not slavery, another WTF?
I didn't learn about Japanese internment camps until I was in my 30s. And this was from someone who group up in the PNW, where thousands were removed and lost their land - including the farm that existed where our house was built in the 50s. No one talked about it OR taught it.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I didn't learn about Japanese internment camps until I was in my 30s. And this was from someone who group up in the PNW, where thousands were removed and lost their land - including the farm that existed where our house was built in the 50s. No one talked about it OR taught it.
I'm trying to figure out how I figured out what PNW stands for but not MAGA. The only thing I can figure out is that I prioritize the history of CF members more than our political system.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I was just looking for a movie to watch and noticed that "F8 - The Fate of the Furious" was available. Should I see it? I haven't seen any of the first 7. Is it even possible that I'm alive and I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.